when making cp

mcornwell

if your bath rices or whatever it is called after fo. do you keep stick blending or is the mashed potato goo it? i see all these creamy batches and mine look like something on kfc buffet. lol anyone with any help how to make a good cp bar. i would to make layered soap but mine are way to thick to pour like others. (hint mysticglow). Help tia

first you need to be sure that those FOs are in fact skin and cp safe. Reputable companies that sell soap safe FOs will usually list if it is CP safe or not.

Once and a while you will still get a FO that says its safe for CP and will give a little reaction, and for those instances, YES keep stiring.

Are you doing any kind of water discount? If so then dont, more water usually allows for slower tracing so you have more time to blend fully before it turns to pudding.

Ricing is when the batch starts to separate with little clots in it. You can try stick blending, or you can continue on to HP and cook the batch. I've always had the HP turn out just fine on a bad CP batch.

Seizing is when it solidifies and !WHAM turns into cheescake. HP works for saving this too. You can do it in the crockpot or oven. Last batch of my I did right on the stove. I turned the burner on low and stirred like crazy with a spoon.

I add my finicky fo's to my warm oils and then add the lye water, that way I have plenty of time to see what I am dealing with. And as AJ says beat it into submission. Warming the fo is a good idea too, I do this with all fo's especially in the winter, measure and sit in a bowl of hot water. And if all else fails, cook the sucker.

• 2 weeks later...