OMGosh, I made my first M&P and CPHP soaps!!

OFCILynn

:yay: Wooooohooooooooo!! I took the plunge and went with what supplies I have and made my first CPHP soap today!! I only made a 2# batch in a 4# mold! LOL I was impatient and couldn't wait for a smaller mold to get here!!

I created my own recipe or at least one that I have yet to see before and it is scented Lavender Cucumber Melon! I'm not tickled with the coloring at all as I had to resort to using HL colorants for soaps and it took tons and since I used too big of a mold, I couldn't quite get the swirl thing down! LOL There is real cucumber, cucumber zest peels and lavender seeds along with oatmeal in this soap! I know, crazy combo but my gosh, this stuff is soooooo silky, it lathers really well and leaves a refreshing soft and calming scent on your hands after washing! It is setting up in the soap mold now but I tested just a drop, literally, on my hands and washed with it and I was amazed at how it felt! I know that I kept playing with the trial version of Soap Maker, which by the way, I NEED TO BUY because it works so well, and just played around with what supplies I had on hand till I was somewhat satisfied with the characteristics of this recipe. I even took the plunge and did the taste test! LOL No tingle or zap!! I am not sure how it is going to set up as I took more of a discount for the cucumber puree. I did also add 2 tsp. of sugar as some have suggested in other posts on the board.

This is the first time using Lye and making real soap!! The only problem that I had was my goggles steaming up from my HOT kitchen! LOL I have no air in there and the fan that I had going didn't do anything but stir the hot air! LOL

I know that this soap is going to be very thin from using too big of a mold but oh well, at least I took the plunge!! When the camera battery gets returned to me, I lent it out, I will take some pictures.

I also made some M&P watermelon looking soaps made with again, the cucumber melon. They look cute but I know that I can really improve on them but for a first, not too bad at all!!

Now I have to search the net and see how fast I can get a crinkle soap cutter!! I have a straight edge but really love the zigzag look on soaps!

I want to thank everyone who has shared their stories and ideas so I could learn from this board and months of learning from the net! I have a VERY LONG way to go but.................SHAME on all of you!! I'm now hooked!! Look what you made me get into!! I came to this board to get info and do research to make cut-n-carve candles and now I'm like a mad scientist learning how to make many things!! I never dreamed that I would make bath and body items but that all started for the wedding renewal and just got me going deeper and deeper into it all!! I'm loving it!!!

To those whom I have purchased a few supplies here and there for soap making, THANK YOU!!!!!

OK, off to do my little happy dance and go take a nap!!:bliss:

God Bless,

Lynn

I'm glad you had fun with it. And yes, we take responsibility. You will be awake far into the night crafting new recipes to try and get up at 3AM to see how the batch is coming along, and then an hour early to try something else before everyone else gets up!

And you will need MANY molds because you won't be able to wait for the soap to come out of one before you make another batch!

Hee hee hee

Congratulations!! Guess what you'll be dreaming about at night? Thinking about before you fall asleep? Thinking about as SOON as you wake up? heheh.. I'm happy that your first experience was so great!

YEP YEP YEP, there are many nights my mind is just going 90 to nothin' thinking up new ideas, colors, scents etc. :D

AND OMG I just looked at your wedding renewal pics. and I just have to say, it's sooooo great to see a couple soooo in love after 20 years of marriage, and you both look soooo wonderful.

I Just LOVE that pic. of you sitting with your dress swirled around you, and the pics. of where you stayed (I'm assuming this??), where is that? That is a beautiful cabin, with awesome scenery. :)

My husband and I more in love now (after almost 15 years of marriage) than we were when we got married and I'd love to do something like that in five more years. :)

Thanks for sharing