Acrylic molds

I actually prefer acrylic to aluminum. You don't get any of the pitting that you can get with aluminum and they release just as easily, in my experience. Of course, don't use a heat gun on 'em! One of my favorite things about them is that you can see just how your layers are going to turn out without waiting and hoping they'll look like you want.

I think release will be a little dependent upon which wax you're using. For the paraffin waxes (I've used 1343 & 1274) w/o any problems. I might stick 'em in the freezer for a couple of minutes.

I like the poly molds. I'd like to have more. Wish I had money when Pourette was having a 50% off sale on 'em 2 or 3 weeks ago. :(

I use my heat gun on mine, but then again I have a variable temp one that ranges from 100 - 1000, something like that. The poly molds have a heat tolerance of around 278*f.

OMG, no, you don't want to ever put FO in wax that you're going to put in the poly molds. The solvents in FO, as you have already discovered, etch the plastic. These molds are particularly good for mottles w/ MO or marbles w/ no FO. Not every candle needs to be scented.