Posting more for votive help/ UPDATED pic THANKU : )

maryann

I wanted to update this thread and say thank you to those that posted and pm'd me w/ help. I found the right wick and they're now level :yay:

Here's the final product!

[ATTACH]8573[/ATTACH]

This is my 2nd attempt at votives (I usually do only container candles and tarts). When I take the wick pin out, the bottom part of the candle breaks off...... how do I prevent this?

[ATTACH]7945[/ATTACH]

This isn't burning clean, I used a votive wick 36-24-24C, I only use cottons and have a few HTP's. Is 44-28-18C too big ?? TIA for the help :smiley2:

[ATTACH]7946[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458407483_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458407484_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458410378_thumb.jpg

I wanted to do this w/ candycorn... they look great!! Love them. Unfortunately, I have no more container wax... I do have votive though. :D

To prevent the bottoms from crumbling off pop them in the freezer for 5 minutes or so... then let sit for a minutes after taking them out, then they should have an easy release. You can also wipe your containers with a little olive oil for and easy release as well. It doesn't harm your candles... don't use a lot, just a little to coat your votive mold bottom and sides....... They are beautiful....

Since you used wick pins your going to have that little ridge, wick the votive and level the bottom in a warm pan and that should take care of the crumbling and secure your wick.

Hope that helps!

I agree. When I use wickpins the bottom edge sort of comes off. I use a cookie sheet and put a piece of tin foil down in the pan and level my bottoms that way. I find doing it directly on the pan is too hot no matter how low the temp. Put the wicks in first and then it even secures them a little bit better. Trust me I just did this 200 times!!!! Last week I had to make 150 ivory votives and 50 black for a wedding. hope that helps...:grin2:

• 1 month later...