Blending Palm wax w/paraffin container wax

Sorry, I should have added that the Astorlite J50 paraffin wax I was referring to is priced at $1.14 lb ($62.95 for 55 lb case due to a price increase). My main concern was, though, if anyone has tried this blend and their opinion on the wicking, scent throw, etc. I guess I will look for the cheapest palm wax, order a small amount and try it and see how I like it. I just don't want to have to start changing wick sizes on ones I've already tested, unless necessary.

I need to make a correction on my earlier post. After speaking with the supplier, Candle Science, again, I had misunderstood him. The palm wax I had referred to is actually called "palm wax extender". I was unfamiliar with either and misunderstood him. I don't want to misquote anyone, so thought I needed to correct this information.

• 5 years later...

I've done this mix and yes, it kills the crystal pattern. I use palm because it handles EO's very well and throws like crazy with EO's. The paraffin mix lets me wick down for containers (palm needs a really hot wick in containers and I don't like the container temp).

Since then, I found a mix for EO's in paraffin that works really well for me so I don't need palm. I might go back to palm for pillars just for the crystal look.

And yeah, the prices are a hoot.

Edited by EricofAZ