Aztec Intl

Hi all. I am going to start making candles and bought 35 lbs of the comfort blend wax for containers from Aztec Intl. Does anybody use this kind of wax and if so is it a good wax? If not, is there better wax out there I should be using? Also, what kind of wax is the best for pillars and votives. Thanks for the advice! Wish me luck.:D

Come on people. 41 of you have looked at this post and nobody can answer? Please somebody answer this post.:undecided

I am relatively new to Candle Making - Started January this year, Must say this board has been fantastic helping me with tips and so on,

I use Aztec's 4630 and find it fantastic, One Pour ,Nice smooth creamy finish. :thumbsup:

I don't use comfort blend but I know people who do. They love the wax and say it has excellent scent throw. I understand wicking can be a little tricky. I believe it has to be wicked up somewhat from what one might use for J223. All that being said the only real way to tell how it will work for you is to get in there and work with it for a while as see what kind of results you get. In addition to all the people who love CB there are others who hate the wax because of it's sticky gooy nature, find it difficult to handle and don't like how fast it melts.

Mad

I happen to be one of the people who have a special place in my heart for the Comfort Blend wax...I don't use it any more (I now make soy candles), but if I could afford to only do paraffin, this is the wax I would use. It is kind of a pain to wick, and it's globby and sticky, but there are tricks to making it more bearable to work with. That being said, I love this wax because it makes absolutely the most powerfully scented candle there is, in my opinion. J223 and J50 are more user-friendly, but the Comfort Blend has a FANTASTIC scent throw, which is really what I aim for in my candles...the appearance of a container candle made from this wax is quite lovely too. It's an excellent wax, and I would recommend it to anyone, given that they're willing to test a variety of wicks.