Questions - Is this your recipe??

Funky Monkey

FM, I have a handful of quick super easy things you can make with stuff you probably have at home or can easily get from the grocery store. I will email them to you if you want..

I'd love to have those recipes!! I live in a little small town and we DO have a Super Wally-World!! :) Other than that, I need to go closer to Cincy or to Lexington to get supplies. I would appreciate the information! My regular email is gjustice @ justice web design dot com

THanks again!!

this is the world's most supportive group.

again, my apologies. don't know what got into me.

Lol - you should of seen me this afternoon with the CM on my hands AFTER washing them multiple times. I drove up to Florence with the hubby and kids and 1/2 my face was numb, the other 1/2 felt like ants. My lips were swollen a bit and I was NOT in such a great mood. My hubby asked the same question "If you are allergic to it.. then WHY...blah blah blah".. he just doesn't understand. It was a recipe and I had to try it! The only EO I had (besides peppermint, and I'm pepperminted out) was cm. SO.... :P

And yes, this group is very supportive and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Thank you guys very much for the help and support.

BTW I DO get they "I had to try it" thing. I have a house FULL of soap, cause I've GOT to try all the recipes.

In fact, I'm looking for people to help me narrow down my recipes. If you want to be one of those people please let me know, I've got about 10 recipes that need trying!!! Not kiddin here.

From one obsessed person to another!

What scents DO you like (that you are not allergic to)?

I'd LOVE to try them too!! I'm so obsessive with this stuff.. I want to try it ALL!! I actually drove 35 miles (1 way) tonight to get my citric acid to go with the new Vanilla FO that I got on the way back home! LOL

The CM is the only thing I know I'm allergic to. I love just about everything. Sweet Pea is my all-time favorite. I have personally kept B&B in business for a couple years now on their Sweet Pea products alone. Shuuushhh - don't tell them but I now have Sweet Pea lotion, and shower gel that they didn't make! <giggle>.... It's good to be queen ... even if only in my own mind!

When I first read that recipe at the Dish, I was convinced it was a joke when someone suggested using poopinate in it, I think it's on the first page of the thread. It is a belly shaking hilarious thread, if you are in the mood and have the time.

When Jen first suggested that you research, my first thought was that you should have at least read the first couple of pages to see what other people thought of the recipe. For future reference, always read as much of the additional posts as you can to find out more info. Likes and dislikes about things.

Hope the allergy thing goes away soon.

Oh dear. That recipe is the Great Recipe from the Dish which is meant as a total joke. Hence why you really really really need to have done your research' date=' etc before delving into making your own creations. Through research you would know that yes, in fact, that is way too much and you would have never attempted that recipe.

The Great Recipe was started as a joke because someone came to the Dish, took all the recipes, and flounced away with some pretty awful remarks.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the joke and you made the product and used it on yourself but it's a perfect learning opportunity for you to do some research and learn how to formulate your own safe recipes.

Jen[/quote']

what the?????? I think this post is a joke.

People come on these boards to share and learn each other recipes and you are sitting here belittling someone because they made a simple mistake. Its only butter and oil for goodness sake. No one knows how a product will set up unless they try to make it first. Its called trial and error. No need to get all snooty with someone. " I'm sorry that you didn't get the joke" blah blah blah unreal

When I first read that recipe at the Dish, I was convinced it was a joke when someone suggested using poopinate in it, I think it's on the first page of the thread. It is a belly shaking hilarious thread, if you are in the mood and have the time.

When Jen first suggested that you research, my first thought was that you should have at least read the first couple of pages to see what other people thought of the recipe. For future reference, always read as much of the additional posts as you can to find out more info. Likes and dislikes about things.

Hope the allergy thing goes away soon.

I did read through the first couple pages, but I thought it MORPHED into a joke. I know my friends and I do that all the time. If you read through the first couple posts, it really does seem like a recipe that good friends are messing around and make into a joke. O'well. It's over. Allergic symptoms are almost gone. I've still got this slight headache and funky sense of humor, but I hope the humor stays! ;)

Anyway, I hope they get a laugh over this. Thankfully no one really got hurt. So... anyone got a new easy recipe I can try? :P

And that's the lesson that recipe teaches - NEVER trust a recipe. I've been bit by bad ones too, it takes time to understand how ingredients go together and what works and what doesn't. Don't trust soap recipes from books even unless you've run it through a calculator again. Any recipe that looks like it has more than 1-2% FO in it you should look at it twice and ask questions. Recipes can have typos , even if it isn't a joke recipe. There is a *ton* of garbage recipes out on the internet, and I've even seen some here that no one has made but posted just for interest sake. So not every recipe posted has even been tried. Kind of like the bath cookie recipe that floats around the internet - there's one out there that's pretty awful.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never tried a recipe, unless I read the whole thing. If it had 33 pages, I read the entire 33 pages. The final recipe often has many changes and bears little resemblance to the original.

Once the sodium poopinate showed up, it was sort of obvious it was a joke. Even the title "for those who want to make a quick buck" is a big clue.

Once again, thanks for making me feel really bad about not reading the entire post. I'm so wondering why it was even necessary to revive this once again. Geez, newbie - newbie mistake. Have your laugh then get over it please.

Because I just joined and hadn't seen it, and bumped a few other threads, too.

Ah.. so that's the reason :D ... regardless, glad to have you here on this forum as well as the dish. I'm sure you are a wealth of information that a newbie like me can learn from. And I promise to read ALL your posts in full. Wouldn't want to make another newbie mistake. :confused:

• 1 month later...
Funky, are you alergic to Cucumber Melon cause I wouldn't think ther would be any in a FO. Or does CM stand for something else.

I read the post when it first came out and never thought it was funny. But then I never "get" things. Just call me a dead ass.....

Hey Sharon. I'm not exactly sure what it is I'm allergic to. The allergist tells me "everything - except cats." The whole Cucumber melon (yes CM) was a bit of advice they gave me. They (the allergist) told me to stay away from cm since it could easily set off allergies. It was my own fault thinking I knew better than the the allergist!! It was also my own fault for copying this "recipe" and putting it in a file, then going back later and checking it out. O'well, newbie mistake I guess.