Are Plastic Lids Tacky?

Hi everyone,

Ijust found a website a website....www.bottlesandtops.com... where I can get the Apothecary Jars for are really good price without the lids, when I add the price of the lid and shipping in that brings back up to about $2.00 per jar. I noticed that they also sell plastic lids for the Apothecary Jars and they are only .20 each...big difference...even with shiping I'm way under $2.00 per jar. The only problem I have with this is I'm not really sure how it will look...will it look cheap and tacky? But at the same time if I have to ship them out to a customer it will save on shipping, my glass tops weigh about .5lbs each...! Any thoughts would be appreciated...;)

JMO I think a plastic top will make your candle look like a cheaper quality candle. If I was going to buy your candle I would expect the cost to be lower than someone who uses a different lid. You also have to consider your customer base. Is this something that would appeal to them. I think your presentation of your candle needs to be strong. There are a lot of people who make and sell candles. You don't want to try to sell some plain old looking candle. It needs to be appealing to the eye. This is JMO.

HTH Heather :)

lol...you are all right...I was thinking the same thing but I was being too cheap and now that you mention it I did see a candle the other day in Walmart with the plastic lid. Thanks for you responses I feel better now about my decision to not go down the plastic lid route! I get me jars right now from FancyCandleJars and yes I did read the posts on this company after I orderd but so far I have not had a problem with them so I guess I will keep using them :cool2:

I'm still new at this myself and have tried to have candles out for sale without lids and just a very high grade plastic wrap over top of the candle...nope they wanted a 'real lid' as one customer put it to me...so 'real lids' are what they get!:yay:

TVG Glass has great thick & heavy apothecary jars clear & frosted in 5,10,16 & 26 oz sizes with many lid choices to choose from. Flat glass, Dome glass, Flat wood, Dome metal in Rust, Zinc & Black, Dome metal with handle in Rust, Zinc, & black.

Their prices include lids but each has a different price according to which lid choice you choose. The highest price 16oz is only $1.62 with just a standard glass lid only $1.11. I don't think you can beat $1.11 for a thick 16oz apoth. with a glass lid.

There glass is not the thin Yankme or other name brand glass. They hold up to losts of abuse and heat.

Here is their site www.tvgglass.com they don't have much listed on their site but carry much more with great customer service, give them a call.

Am I just missing their pricing list on their site Candleman or do you have to contact them for a price list?

Yes there site is limited and yes call them for a price list.

I can e-mail you copy if you want?

I'm trying to get him to up-date his site with more info, pics and shopping cart, and told him if he did he would get a lot of business from us here on CT.

TVG Glass has great thick & heavy apothecary jars clear & frosted in 5,10,16 & 26 oz sizes with many lid choices to choose from. Flat glass, Dome glass, Flat wood, Dome metal in Rust, Zinc & Black, Dome metal with handle in Rust, Zinc, & black.

Their prices include lids but each has a different price according to which lid choice you choose. The highest price 16oz is only $1.62 with just a standard glass lid only $1.11. I don't think you can beat $1.11 for a thick 16oz apoth. with a glass lid.

There glass is not the thin Yankme or other name brand glass. They hold up to losts of abuse and heat.

Here is their site www.tvgglass.com they don't have much listed on their site but carry much more with great customer service, give them a call.

I would just love to find a UK based company with a selection like that, & the prices are great too.

Whenever I do find something I really like the look of over here you can only get them if you are able to buy hundreds at once...& I'm not able!

Oh well back to the hours of online searching.

Sally.

Update on TVG Glass...

I talked to Phill today and he wanted me to pass along some info. They are the manufacture of their glass and as such require a min. order of 12 cases Mix & Match and are shipped by freight truck.

They don't have the man power to handle losts of small orders.

He did tell me some suppliers that carry his glass, but not all carry his entire slection of jars & lids. He is suppose to send me a complete list of suppliers that carry their glass.

Here is one supplier that carries some of TVG's jars & lids

Lone Star Candle Supply http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/containers.html

They only carry the 5,10,16 & 26oz thick & heavy apothecary jars also the 4oz votive flower pots with plastic lids.