Buying wax...

If your just starting out the craft store is a way to try out this hobby.The craft store prices are very high and the quality very poor also you are limited to the slection of supplies there.

Online suppliers have better prices and much more slection but you have to check to see who has the best quality product.

Actually the quality of scents and dyes are more worthless than craftstore wax. Hobby Lobby wax isn't that bad of a product, but it is a waste of your money. You could, say, get their online ads, which usually contain a coupon for x-percentage off.

You can try it and see what you think, but the slabs are straight paraffin. Additives do wonders to straight paraffin.

Is it cheaper to just go to a craft store(Joann's, Michaels) instead of paying for shipping? Or is the quality that much better?

yes very expensive i just came back from my Micheal's and boy there wax for a 11lb was 24.99 WOW ,well i just pick up two more pour pots 4lb and used there 40% coupon and that came out to 7.79 each,hehe love there coupons.

so imo wax is just about cheaper if you get it on line some where.close to where you live.

good luck

yes very expensive i just came back from my Micheal's and boy there wax for a 11lb was 24.99 WOW ,well i just pick up two more pour pots 4lb and used there 40% coupon and that came out to 7.79 each,hehe love there coupons.

so imo wax is just about cheaper if you get it on line some where.close to where you live.

good luck

I didn't even THINK of getting my pour pots there with the coupon....good suggestion! Thanks!

Jane