Strawberry Supreme(Part 2) & Bay Rum (cut bay rum pics in 1st post)

Brenda

Two reviews on the scent review board says that there is no discoloration in CP for the Shaw Mudge Strawberry Supreme, but the first time I attempted it in whipped soap there were FO "chunks" in it from hand stirring the fragrance in (at least that's my theory) and they "browned".

So this time I held out some unscented soap and put the FO in the rest and whipped it in thoroughly in the mixer. I had lots of time to play around, because there was no acceleration at all! :cheesy2: I'm hoping that if there is discoloration it will be minor and contained in the pink portion only.

second_strawberry.jpg

It will be awesome if this FO didn't discolor soap like every other strawberry FO on the planet! I'm going to keep my eye on this one closely and will post what it looks like after it's cured.

Before the crack of dawn I made a batch of Lebermuth's Bay Rum from SW and swirled in the pot using Crafty1 AJ's method of ITP swirling and pouring! I still have to work on it, but thanks for the tip Crafty1! Here's what it looked like just poured in the mold:

bay_rum.jpg

Thanks for checking them out!

Here's the bay rum cut, but not trimmed:

bay_rum_cut.jpg

I think men will like them! :) I'm liking the free form swirls.

I have only seen pics of whipped soap-what does it feel like when you use it?

For me it's like using a bar of regular CP soap, but lighter in the hand! :) It's nice though to have it float around in the tub when bathing and not go groping around for your bar under the water.

Since there's less soap in the bar it doesn't last as long either. :sad2: But they're fun to make and look pretty, plus I think the FO stays truer to OOB scent based on the banana I've used in both types, whipped and regular.

Thanks, ladies! :cheesy2:

LOL, I saw one!

:laugh2: Yes! It does exist! Be afraid, be very afraid...:cool2: The Medusa of soaps!

Scented - AJ's tip was to pour your contrast colors into the pot from high up in three places and then pour the soap into the mold in an overlapping circular pattern so you get these layers of colors mixing. I can't find the thread right now, but she posted a picture of an absolutely glorious looking soap that was colored pink and orangy (colored with aussie clay?)...It made me :drool: :drool: :drool: !

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I am so jealous of all you CP makers those are scrumptious looking. I have every ingredient to make all of that but no time or energy. I have four kids and one mischevious two year old. I finally had to give up because I couldn't leave her alone for a minute. Soaps take a lot of TLC I can barely find time to do candles. I just love looking at all of everyones soaps.

pretty ! cut the strawberry !!!:drool: purty please ;)

Ok, here it is, Christy. I'm not happy with the coloring or the air pockets from not slamming it sharply enough down on the tabletop plus I cut it all crooked with my little wire hand held device. :embarasse

strawberry.jpg

The beige color used to be a lovely, delicate pink. :embarasse But the darker pink is staying the same, so it looks like it doesn't discolor much if tinted enough. Now THAT is a good thing!

Next time I make it I will make it a darker pink and white....I think.

(These whipped soaps made me order one of those "Tank" log cutters today because they are an incredible pain to cut. But maybe that's just me.)

Anyhow, here it is.

Ok, here it is, Christy. I'm not happy with the coloring or the air pockets from not slamming it sharply enough down on the tabletop plus I cut it all crooked with my little wire hand held device. :embarasse

strawberry.jpg

The beige color used to be a lovely, delicate pink. :embarasse But the darker pink is staying the same, so it looks like it doesn't discolor much if tinted enough. Now THAT is a good thing!

Next time I make it I will make it a darker pink and white....I think.

(These whipped soaps made me order one of those "Tank" log cutters today because they are an incredible pain to cut. But maybe that's just me.)

Anyhow, here it is.

did you use TD ?