GL 70/30..was misled..need help!

Ok..I bought a case of the Greenleaf 70/30 and was misled! (not from their website) I specifically asked if this type of wax could be used for dipping plush animals and was told yes. Umm...NO! This stuff is way to soft and creamy. What can I do to make it harder? Would adding stearic acid work? I feel robbed..and I want to use this for something. What about tarts/melts? Same thing..do I need to add something to make it harder?

Thanks! :)

Nope, I don't make container candles. I mainly make gel candles and my critters.

No offense to those who use soy or what not, but when I dipped one of my animals in this stuff...it's very sticky like. So, not what I'm used to. The only other wax on hand I have is the Hobby Lobby slab wax. I even tried mixing that with the 70/30 and it's still sticky.

Does anyone know if stearic acid would work to harden it up?

Hi Crystal,

I'm sorry that someone you bought the 70/30 from misrepresented this wax to you. The 70/30 is definitely a container wax and not suitable for dipping animals. We have had some members try it for melts and they were able to stick them in the fridge and get them out of the mold but they did state that once they warmed back up they didn't feel that people would like them because it is so soft. So it is my belief that you could probably take the 70/30 and mix it with some percentage of votive, pillar or beeswax to make it hard enough for tarts/melts. How much is the question at hand as we haven't tried it. So I really think that can work. However, I do not believe that you will easily be able to add anything to the 70/30 to make it hard enough or dry enough to dip animals with it.

HTH

Thanks so much for everyone's responses! I'm selling half of it to a gal that's local (THANK YOU!) and the other half I'm going to use for tarts/melts and add a votive wax. Guess I will experiment with that! :P

Just goes to show..that I need to research more THOROUGHLY and not take a person's word for it. HMPFH! Stamp "sucker" on my forehead. :)

I make tarts and pillars with a blend of 50% 1343 paraffin and 50% 70/30...they are plenty hard and throw is good in both tarts and pillars.

As long as you have so much of the 70/30...make yourself a container candles with your favorite FO ;)