Does Tumeric & Paprika make your soap smell?

SoapInTheCity

I have never used paprika, but I have soaped tumeric MANY times with great success. The color is gorgeous and there is no smell from it.

Noodle I was worried about tumeric staining the skin (since when I cook with it it certainly stains my shirt!) - what level do you use it at? And do you pre-mix it with anything before adding to soap?

Noodle I was worried about tumeric staining the skin (since when I cook with it it certainly stains my shirt!) - what level do you use it at? And do you pre-mix it with anything before adding to soap?

I think the level you use depends on how deep of a color you want.

I always take a little of my oils and put it in a small cup with some of the tumeric and stir, zap it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up, stir again and let it sit awhile. This colors the oil and then I just mix it in with the rest of the batch.

I am still experienting with this soap coloring stuff so someone else might have a better way of doing it.