Carol's Testers - what'd ya think?

CareBear

I made 4 batches at the same time:

-goat milk (powdered) added to oils - it got grainy so I'm not counting that one

-coconut milk - added at trace, for half the liquid

-aloe juice from the bottle - added the lye to this, replaced all the water.

-regular batch with just water

(Used Darwin's recipe for all)

I have room for a few more people I think. I'll probably ship them in a week or even 2 (have to check exactly when I made them) cause I want them to be at least 3 weeks old, pref 4, when you use them.

Thanks everyone.

Thinking of running a swap at some point where we ALL use the same basic recipe (no color, no FO) and just vary one item or thing, so we can look at: gel vs non, different ways to incorporate goats milk maybe, impact of titanium dioxide on feel, whatever interests you! Sound interesting? I know they've been done but I'd like to get my hands on some variations myself!

I have room for a few more people I think. I'll probably ship them in a week or even 2 (have to check exactly when I made them) cause I want them to be at least 3 weeks old, pref 4, when you use them.

Thanks everyone.

Thinking of running a swap at some point where we ALL use the same basic recipe (no color, no FO) and just vary one item or thing, so we can look at: gel vs non, different ways to incorporate goats milk maybe, impact of titanium dioxide on feel, whatever interests you! Sound interesting? I know they've been done but I'd like to get my hands on some variations myself!

I think that idea rocks!!! let me know when you run it I am SOOO in!!

Thanks everyone.

excellent idea...because experimenting takes so much time and money...interesting to see what little things may make such a difeerence.....everyone would have to pay strict attention to detail and take notes...so that it would be as accurate as possible!

I'd be in for some experimenting!!!

OK, got them packaged up. These soapies are only 3 weeks old so please take them out of the baggies when you get them and let them air out.

Everyone is getting coconut milk, aloe juice and control. If you asked for the grainy goats milk or the 100% shea please let me know (I cleaned out my in-box, oops).

This is who I have. If I dropped someone by accident please let me know. I also have room for a couple more.

Brandyanne

Lorrie

cryptic

magsglass

beloved - also getting the grainy GM

Livelovebath

mystical_angel1219

CandleFreak

smokymountainraine

To review, please COMPARE TO THE CONTROL AND TO EACH OTHER. That is why I made a control batch with just water - no other difference between the batches. The usual stuff like lather, skinfeel, etc.

Thanks for testing!

Oh yes, please DO take them out of the baggies and let them cure at least a week if you can bear to. I'm in no rush for reports, and know that besides being easier on the skin sometimes, curing def. impacts the lather.

Good luck findingthe shea!