B&B making directions

Hi all! I know you've probably been posed this question before and I'll probably get some nasty replies but I'm willing to chance it. Where would I look to get the best directions on how to make everything like body butters, soap, sugar scrubs, etc.? I am so totally new and I bought a kit from Michaels and I'm figuring there has to be more to soapmaking than that. In the kit I got a chunk of this greasy feeling white soap that I was supposed to melt in the microwave, 2 stamps, powdered coloring (which didn't color very well), a bottle of fragrance and a mold. The stamp was very hard to remove. Any suggestions on that? Secondly, I would like to know from all you experts which kind of colorant you use? Any help you can give will be graciously accepted. Thanks!

I started with stuff from Michaels. Got bored and unhappy with it pretty fast. Then I went the ebay route. Got some good stuff and info, but also a lot of crap and crappy info. I have learned a whole lot from spending a lot of hours on this forum reading, reading, reading. I hope that I'm now making better decisions! This place is a gold mine of info from EXPERIENCED and conscientous people.

lol. I have enough ugly ass soap to bathe in to last me forever!! I also have a ton of really crappily wicked candles that I use on the warmer. Even though I smoke, my non-smoking friends say they no longer smell it here!

I've also spent thousands of $$ on stuff, and you can't even move around here without stepping over boxes and bags. No cooking food in the kitchen, either. It's all take out and delivery!! Get used to it.

not to hijack your thread here, but I have found a plethora of information here...my question is if you get a recipe, say for a scrub or a lotion, and it has the percentages and then it's broken into phases, but that's all that is there....where do you find the directions on how/when/what temp to mix the ingredients?

not to hijack your thread here, but I have found a plethora of information here...my question is if you get a recipe, say for a scrub or a lotion, and it has the percentages and then it's broken into phases, but that's all that is there....where do you find the directions on how/when/what temp to mix the ingredients?

If you look to your left, in the green column, you will find a Bath & Body section. Click on that, and there are links to instructions for CP soap, HP soap, and Basic M & P soap directions. These are full of good information to get you started! Those instructions will help answer your questions about temps, and the how, when and what's for mixing :) HTH