Peppermint EO Shampoo Bar ~ not happy, too much greeen! CUT PICS IN 1ST POST

I am so not happy with this Peppermint EO shampoo bar. There's way too much green. I was going for the more natural swirls but it really thickened up on me.........I added a green colorant, silver and gold mica. I should have put the green in the mold first maybe with the other colors ontop of it. MY KIDS SAID IT SMELLS LIKE A MINT AERO CHOCOLATE BAR! haha. Here it is in the mold:

peppermintinmoldsmallbm0.jpg

Well it thankfully lightened up. I'm really not great at slab mold soaps. I think I'll just stick to the loaf molds except making shampoo bars! At least it's better than I was expecting!

picture054smallzg6.jpg

I like it, Tasha! Green is a favorite of mine too and that's a real pretty shade.

Sorry it set up before you could get the swirls you had planned (but it looks great anyway and I the smell has got to be good with peppermint EO in there!) :)

Very pretty. I have some questions though. Does the shampoo bar leave a film or anything on your hair? I haven't tried to wash my hair with the liquid soap that I made..but that's coming real soon..just wondering how well shampoo bars work?

When i first tried a shampoo bar, I found that you noticed something happening right away.........your hair actually felt clean, like squeeky clean almost! Because I add jojoba at trace, it may feel a little more 'moisturizing'. I'm not sure what others think about theirs.....I guess it depends on the actual ingredients. If it's a regular bar with castor oil in it (which most shampoo bars have) I think it could be considered a shampoo bar? I usually add hemp castor, sunflower and jojoba to my shampoo bars, but only a small part of the jojoba at trace. I think you can use a regular CP bar of soap as a shampoo bar........it still does a great job!

I tried a shampoo bar once and only once, from Burts Bees. I didn't know what to expect, but what I ended up w/was hair looking like the "low flow showerhead" episode from Seinfeld (please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about lol) - I'm leery about trying any others (but, S.I.T.C., I still LOVe the way the looks!!) I'm not trying to dis YOUR product!