Storing soap

Beverlyann

I have them (don't have many yet) in stackable baskets in my daughter's closet right under the AC intake. That way there is air circulating around them.

Some brilliant soul on another forum says she puts them in rubbermaid containers with DampRid to keep them dry. I'm definately going to look into that!

I'm so jealous! My basement is like a swamp!

yours and mine both! I have my dehumidifier going full blast down there but it's been rainin' all night last night, all day today, and now it looks like we'll have rain til tomorrow noon-ish... I'm not complaining really - I just wish mother nature would make up her mind so I can soap and get my landscapeing done (well - not at the same time, of course :P).

But as for storing my soaps - I have them in the card board boxes that huggies wipes come in... lol they are up on a shelf close to the dehumidifier ;) I put a 2x4 label under the handle that tells me what's in da box... I used to use those plastic shoe boxes but they got too small and I didn't like the fact that if two drops of moisture got in there my lables/cigar bands were toast!! I've also got a couple of those cub foods boxes that you get at the store for like $1 that I hold alot of my "oops" soaps in... I didn't pay for them though - got them off FreeCycle... ;)

OK - I'm babblin'... best get my fanny to bed... yeah right - I'll find some thread that I haven't read yet and I'll be on for another two hours! LMAO! (Am I the only one that gets sucked into the CTVortex??) :whistle:

Life & Light!

Tish

Baseball card boxes. Love 'em. From soap mold to rack, rack to BB card boxes, BB card boxes to a new shelf with a born on date and scent on a label plastered to the outside of each box... all in alphabetical order. I'm a freak that way.

(Slight thread hijack) I'm thinking about buying a dehumidifier to combat some of the humidity here... do they work well? Will they help when making bath bombs?

yours and mine both! I have my dehumidifier going full blast down there but it's been rainin' all night last night, all day today, and now it looks like we'll have rain til tomorrow noon-ish... I'm not complaining really -

Could you PLEASE send some of that rain north!! We have had about 1 inch of rain since the first of July and it's getting mighty dry. I live in an old farm house without ac and it's been close to 100 here for several days. I noticed I am starting to get small DOS on some of my soaps :cry2: Hope they don't all get ruined on me.

I agree with Jan that you have to have a dehumidfier going durring the summer for all kinds of crafts - that is if your area ever gets above 50-60% humidity. I make candles, soaps, and BB stuff but I also sew alot and you'd be amazed at how hard it is to sew in humid weather!!

Horsemom - I think you are probably in the only area of Minnesota that *didn't* get rain last night! Down between Worthington and Faribault they were flooded and having tornadoes and all that other *fun* stuff! :( Thankfully we've been getting a fair amount of rain but with the heat, everything has been sucked dry... next time we get rain though, I'll go outside and "will it" your way - maybe mother nature will actually listen... ;)

Life & Light!

Tish

The thermometer reads 115 today. My dehumidifier has been running since April.I store mine in unused pizza boxes I get locally, in the basement with dehumidifier running.This has been an unusual summer here in western Pa. Tons of rain and heat. Feels like the tropics.:cool: Think cool. Hope you all get some relief from the drought and heat.Thanks for the input.