My First Attempt at Swirls

Kymber

This is my first attempt at swirls and this is the batch that I used the wrong dyes on....Used some that were designed for M&P instead of CP. The swirls were suppose to be blue and bolder but they are a very pretty purple instead. It is scented Cool Water. The other soap is my Apple Cider & Spice. Ask me how I know that if you add lye too fast to Apple Cider it will erupt...all over the place! And I thought I was going very very slow...stirring, waiting, stirring, waiting....guess not. Anyway can't wait to try it again! (the swirls not the volcano!) LOL :eek: :eek:

post-4294-13945840624_thumb.jpg

Well someone on here told me that...............I bought the liquid dyes at Hobby Lobby and they are designed for M&P I guess. They were cheap and I picked them up to just get by till my others came in. I knew I was making this Cool Water soap and wanted some blue to swirl in it. Anyway I guess the do some strange "morph" in CP....LOL

Thanks Maryann...I took annie out of her molds a bit too soon and messed up her eyes a bit...oh well I just poured those 2 to see how the mold looked made into soap........the rest of the batch is bars. The Apple Cider & Spice smells delish! I was making the cool water for my son.......he said it was OK...he doesn't mind purple...LOL

I think your purple is lovely. Really, Ill bet I couldn't get that color if I tried. And yoru soap is nice and white so it's a nice contrat.

I have learned from all your lye-mixing mistakes. I mix my lye into the liquid in the sink. I figure even if it goes all over it's all contained and in the right place.

There is a window right over the sink that I have opened for ventilation and so far haven't had any problems with fumes.

I started out mixing outside but realized I was asking for trouble steping over the lintel (is that the right word?) and carrying the solution into the house, as I have 2 left feet.

I think your purple is lovely. Really, Ill bet I couldn't get that color if I tried. And yoru soap is nice and white so it's a nice contrat.

I have learned from all your lye-mixing mistakes. I mix my lye into the liquid in the sink. I figure even if it goes all over it's all contained and in the right place.

There is a window right over the sink that I have opened for ventilation and so far haven't had any problems with fumes.

I started out mixing outside but realized I was asking for trouble steping over the lintel (is that the right word?) and carrying the solution into the house, as I have 2 left feet.

The way this one shot out of the top of the container I am not sure it would of stayed in the sink........I was out on the deck and it went everywhere and it was a beautiful ORANGE! So I had to start all over AFTER I washed the deck off...LOL Live and learn!