Frosting

I made 2 candles and one of them had a little frosting on the side (looks like snowflakes). Now since both were poured at about the same time and both jars were pre-heated with a heat gun and cooled in the same place (under a styrofoam cooler). Why would one get it and not another?

I used 2 red reddi-glo dye chips. So what really does cause frosting?

Oh my.....if you ever find the actual answer to that question and patent it, you will be one rich chandler!! :D If you talk to 50 people, you will get 50 different answers on what causes frost and why one candle will get it and not another. Good luck!! :cool2:

Oh my.....if you ever find the actual answer to that question and patent it, you will be one rich chandler!! :D If you talk to 50 people, you will get 50 different answers on what causes frost and why one candle will get it and not another. Good luck!! :cool2:

I am starting to find out the hard way that candle making is not an exact science.

- Henryk thanks for the link now I understand a little better.

If I could get only the CBA to stick to glass like it used to, I would still be using it :( I really loved that wax ...

(oh - I did various ratios of CBA and the Eco 135 and I still couldn't get it to stick - but I got the cold throw to be better).