Shows, Tarts, Candles & Warmers

ah-soy

Just curious if those of you that do shows with tarts and candles if you also offer tart and candle warmers at your booth? I would guess these would be great to promote cross-selling but wondering if anyone does it and what your results have been? TIA

I have tea light tart burners and electric candle warmers. I do sell a few. I have some seasonal baskets made up with melties and burners - they make nice gifts - and most everyone who buys a wickless candle, buys a warmer also.

I always make sure I ask the show promoter if it is OK to have the accessories...some shows are totally hand made only, but I haven't run across one yet. knock, knock

I've never seen candle warmers here in the Uk but I'm looking into stocking some tart melters/oil burner type of thing for fairs etc.

I recently did a fair & took some plain votive holders with me. I only put one out with a votive in it for display purposes & ended up selling 4 at £1.00/$1.85 each...they only cost me 25 pence /48c each. Tarts & votives were very popular at the fair so I think it would be worth stocking a few, depending on the original cost of course.

Sally.

Electric warmers I got from Michaels using my 40% off coupon (and my ex husband's and whomever elses I could get). Burners I find where ever local - Michaels, Hobby Lobby (also with 40% off), JoAnn Fabrics. I have found that if I can get a deal locally it ends up being cheaper than wholesalers with their minimums and shipping. I do have my eye on a wholesaler in Indianapolis, but I'm not ready to lay out that much cash.

Electric warmers I got from Michaels using my 40% off coupon (and my ex husband's and whomever elses I could get). Burners I find where ever local - Michaels, Hobby Lobby (also with 40% off), JoAnn Fabrics. I have found that if I can get a deal locally it ends up being cheaper than wholesalers with their minimums and shipping. I do have my eye on a wholesaler in Indianapolis, but I'm not ready to lay out that much cash.

I went to Joann's the other day to buy a candle warmer and was told they had a bunch recalled from the manufacturer and sent them all back...yikes!

I called www.candlewarmers.com the other day. They have beautiful stuff, my favorite being the combo burners/warmers (a bit pricey though) I received their catalog today and am drooling - so pretty! Their minimum order is only one case but you have to have a re-sellers tax number which I don't have and don't want:undecided The only shows I'm doing this fall are under the tax 'umbrella' of the organizers.

There is also a Levine co-op going on right now that ends on August 1st. They really have some neat stuff, combo burners and plug-ins

Fire and Ice, please let me know the candle warmer results! I think if I do order anything I would get some tea light burners (the ones with the large diameter) maybe a few combo warmers/melters and the plug-in melters!

I have also tossed this idea around and noticed Wally-World sold them pretty cheap - when you consider shipping, etc. Wouldn't make much on them - but thought it would be best to have a few so to encourage people to buy the tarts if they could get the warmers at the same time.

I'm not selling tarts yet--probably this fall/winter---but..The way I see it, with my buyers, I have to have the warmers if I'm going to be selling the tarts, because every time I "introduce" tarts to someone, they will want/need to buy the warmer too and if I don't have it it's like leaving them high and dry. People get excited about a new product and want to buy it then and there, and that means having the "other parts" available. I get tealight burners from a local wholesaler and pick up electric warmers and metal tart trays wherever I can find them.

I'm going to be starting to sell melts at shows this Fall, and I think it's very important to have the warmers available there too. A lot of people don't have those in their homes and like the smell of the melts and ask where they can buy them. Figured it would help business if I carried them myself!

I am planning on starting with Tarts and plan to get them from this company to start with: http://www.acandleco.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/1908

They are well priced and great for someone starting out. My experience with the candle warmers from walmart is that the wattage isn't high enough and sometimes they don't melt all the way or throw as well. I haven't tried the other electric warmers yet, but hope to start testing soon.

Steph