working on a kids line of products

dixiegal

trying to decide what I want for a kids line so far I have..

Monster Away Spray

Bubble Bath

Shampoo & Conditioner

Soap

Detangler

What Im getting stuck on is I want some kind of safe air freshener, the aroma beads seem way too expensive I wanted to market them in a small jar, smelly jellys from what Im reading dont do well scenting a room, I worry about dipped or injected bears if the parents have them where kids can reach them, really I worry about all the air freshener choices if kids could reach them. I though about making ornies (sp) that could maybe hang from a curtain rod (hopefully out of reach) Do any of y'all carry something to scent kids rooms? Im out of ideas

You forgot kids lotions I know my son loves lotion and he would love some that smelled good with kid type scents. Right now the poor kid is stuck with mine and he runs around smelling like jasmine or cucumber.

Lip balms that smell and taste good.

I don't want to sound snarky but I don't think kids would be interested in smelling up their room - know what I mean? They are more into messing it up and maybe getting clean in the tub. I think you should save that fragrance thing for the moms and keep it out of the kid's line. I think your monster spray is great and would definitely "go", but keep the smelling stuff to the grown ups.

My nieces come over and all they want to do is play with that crap from primal elements - the body whip or whatever it is called. I showed them a site with m&p soaps on it and they are dazzled by those too.

Oh and grumpy girl does an awesome fish aquarium bar that my niece is still trying to get the fish out of. Gets her nice and clean too lol

I also vote no on the lip balm because kids tend to eat that stuff as opposed to wearing it LOL

I think what you have here:

Monster Away Spray

Bubble Bath

Shampoo & Conditioner

Soap

Detangler

Is perfect and you don't have to add anything at all. (well maybe some bathbombs LOL, no I'm kiddin ya!)

You forgot kids lotions I know my son loves lotion and he would love some that smelled good with kid type scents. Right now the poor kid is stuck with mine and he runs around smelling like jasmine or cucumber.

Lip balms that smell and taste good.

***slapping my head*** I didnt even think about lotion or lip balms!

I don't want to sound snarky but I don't think kids would be interested in smelling up their room - know what I mean? They are more into messing it up and maybe getting clean in the tub. I think you should save that fragrance thing for the moms and keep it out of the kid's line. I think your monster spray is great and would definitely "go", but keep the smelling stuff to the grown ups.

My nieces come over and all they want to do is play with that crap from primal elements - the body whip or whatever it is called. I showed them a site with m&p soaps on it and they are dazzled by those too.

Oh and grumpy girl does an awesome fish aquarium bar that my niece is still trying to get the fish out of. Gets her nice and clean too lol

I also vote no on the lip balm because kids tend to eat that stuff as opposed to wearing it LOL

I think what you have here:

Monster Away Spray

Bubble Bath

Shampoo & Conditioner

Soap

Detangler

Is perfect and you don't have to add anything at all. (well maybe some bathbombs LOL, no I'm kiddin ya!)

Not taken as snarky:D I found that while raising my sons they could have cared less about their room smelling good, but as their mom it was important to

me ( boys rooms tend to get a gym socks smell)

My daughter has always been interested in scent and so are my granddaughters. Even if kids didnt care what the room smelled like I think moms do.

I swear I drempt about kids stuff last night, I guess becuase it was on my mind before sleeping :) I still want to figure out how too add a safe/good throwing kids room scent. Thought about breaking the scents into age groups.

Infants to toodlers scented bears either injected or wax ( kept of of reach)

ages 3-6 this is the one Im worried about and cant decide

6-10 could go back to stuffed animals at this point

preteens and up would have a whole different line of products

What about a room or linen spray for the kids' rooms? Sachets might work too (stick 'em in the bottom of those boys' hampers).

I thought about sprays too, I figured I could put a note to parents on the monster away spray that it was also a great room spray, it would be the easiest way to go

How about sparkle gel for the the girls? I just started making it (with a recipie I found on here) it is so cool and easy to make! If you still wanted an air freshner for a kid's room, how about a dipped bear or other critter? Kids may not fully appreciate the air freshner part, but the parents might! And a little bear or whatever kind of animal you do would be a cute accent...

Ok..Here is what I got in my line..just don't steal my phasing.:D

PMC Little Monsters Line

Monster Be Gone Room & Body spray

Monster Slime Lotion

Monster Puke Body Wash

Monster Tangels Shampoo & Conditioner

and when I add lip balm to my adult line I wil also add it to the kids line

I am using fruit slices FO ..but will eventually add bubble gum or pink sugar as well and have a pink line and a green line..right now it is all green.

...glitter gel for girls is good

...also adding a bar soap maybe my kids love using bars of soap instead of wash

..and bath bombs are my kids favs...but I am taking those out of my line right now..to time consuming...to much opportunity for error. :undecided

PMC Little Monsters Line

Monster Slime Lotion

Monster Puke Body Wash

I am using fruit slices FO ..but will eventually add bubble gum or pink sugar as well and have a pink line and a green line..right now it is all green.

..and bath bombs are my kids favs...but I am taking those out of my line right now..to time consuming...to much opportunity for error. :undecided

I was able to do a quick google search and find Monster Be Gone Spray,

Monster Slime Lotion, AND Monster Puke Foaming Body Wash. The Foaming body wash is the name of a recipe, and the other two are names that someone else has already chosen for THEIR products, so if you're worried about phrasing, you might check your own! Just a little heads up.

Monster Slime Lotion, AND Monster Puke Foaming Body Wash. The Foaming body wash is the name of a recipe, and the other two are names that someone else has already chosen for THEIR products, so if you're worried about phrasing, you might check your own! Just a little heads up.

I didnt think about seeing if someone else was using the wording, I did a search on 'monster away spray' and see its being used too. Guess I better do some more reading

PMC Little Monsters Line

Monster Slime Lotion

Monster Puke Body Wash

cute names :) I try to find names nobody is using I should have done a search on monster away spray. back to the drawing board for me

:mad: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!.....grrrrrrr..CRAP! I have this all in my biz plan and started to design the labels.. I was playing around with my kids asking them silly questions about monsters and stuff and that is how I came up with most of these names. I am going to do another search and see what I can come up with. The Monster Tangels I came up with because my daughters hair is always a big tangled mess..I am not changing that one unless it actually has a trademark on the name. ...it was the whole inspiration for my kids line...I hate when this happens..you get things just how you like them..and they work..and BAM! you can't use it..like my website. I wanted PMC..cause it is the short version of my VERY LONG biz name..and instead I have to have the long version..cause pamper me is taken as well. UHG!

I think I am going to just go with my

Little Monsters and then add the product name...forget all the weird words..like puke and slime...

Little Monster Tangles Shampoo & Conditioner

Little Monsters Room & Body Spray

Little Monsters Body Lotion

Little Monsters Body Wash

:mad: Still ticked about the names being taken..but hey what can you do..ya know.:(

How 'bout "Creature-B-Gone" or something with "creatures" in it. and then behind the text you could put a pic of a monster, an alien, or whatever. My youngest *daughter* always was afraid of aliens being in her closet and were going to come eat her toes (thanks to big brother for that one!). So maybe something that's more generic than just monster could be a better choice for the room spray. I love the Stinky Monster soap - my kids would go bananas for it! They love stinky and slimey and sour... and they're girls!! LOL

Life & Light!

Tish

*PS - I would do a line of lip gloss or lip balm for kids - my girls are 6 & 8 and both love my bubble gum balm. They also love the lava lip glosses I make. My 3 yo son loves the stuff too and he doesn't eat it - mainly because his sisters get mad at him for doing stuff like that. Even at 3, boys don't want 2 girls mad at them! lol But that's just my kids (oh and the neighbor kids too - I've given them stuff that wasn't quite what I was going for - still safe though - and they love it!) HTH

They are not in the United States!

So no there does not go another business plan! and AGAIN! Sliver of Wax has NOTHING to contribute but rude comments on this message board! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Guess you either ONE Don't know anything about the industry.

OR Two Only are here to start trouble and stir..Why are you a member? :undecided

Don't sweat it Rachel - people that constantly like to point out the bad things or the downsides to everything don't have much of a life at all.

What is that one lady's name on Saturday Night Live? ....oh yeah,

Debbie Downer LOL - kinda reminds me of that lady every time I read her posts.