for bw/soy users, EASY was to clean BW

I have been reading all of this crazy stuff about melting bw in water , etc.. to clean it, and I know it can be done this way, but to me it is really scary to be adding water to anything that will be later used in candlemaking, because, what could be a bigger tragedy? So this is how I have always cleaned it from my grandpa & dads uncleaned pure beeswax.

Melt Beeswax. Get a flour sack towel and bind it around a bowl or container in which you plan to let the beeswax set up in. Pour beeswax through towel, presto, clean wax, no junk in it, takes 2 minutes- all for the price of one flour sack towel, and no chance of water in your beeswax, and thus in your candles....

pricesless.

I buy bulk pastille BW, but if I'm ever lucky enough to find someone to give me any raw BW, I'll have another and easy way to do it.

Do you make BW candles? I'm sure people here would love to see them.

Hope to hear more of your techniques etc.

Thanks for posting this. :smiley2:

Hey Henry,

been too long since we've seen one of your beautiful BW candles:)

I'm going to do a lot more for the fall and winter - I got my eye on some really nice silicone molds - unfortunately they are really expensive.

:(

Most of my candlemaking/burning time has been trying to decide on a new soy wax to use. Joy and 70/30 are similar IMO and are the same price (except for shipping) - both are really good waxes. I made another three more sets of Joy and 70/30 yesterday and I'm doing one more today - then I'll just have to take the plunge and decide.

I make bw tapers, but just for myself because of the fact that I get all of the bw from my families bees, it just seems too sacred to sell, I would way overprice them, but they are SO NICE to burn and last FOREVER. For selling I just use the bw for body salves, lip balm, cp soap, etc,, the pure is so nice, so much richer than the boughten, so I hope you can find a local source.

You guys must not have as dirty bw as I get, the cheesecloth would never filter out all of the crud I get in mine, our bees must be dirty little buggers.