got powdered goat's milk. NOW WHAT?

CareBear

Milk bath!

:D I posted this one on the old board..so here it is again!

Maybe sub the powdered milk for the goats milk...which is a great idea..I think I might even try that..I am going to have several Goat's Milk items in my new line.

1 cup powdered milk

1/2 cup epsom salts

1 TBSP baking soda

1 tsp cornstarch

EO or FO(I used vanilla for mine..was also thinking to make chocolate and strawberry. wink.gif)

I used 4ML of FO per batch..use 1/4 cup per bath..I have a large tub so I used another 1/8 cup on top of that.

I threw everything in a gallon zip lock to mix it easier.

you can use it directly in the tub instead of in a tea bag type. which I prefer

anyone add anything else in their recipe

here is a pic as well. wink.gif I posted this in the gallery but since the recipe is here thought I would add it as well..think I might try a large apoth jar too.

hmmm..here is another recipe..I think I got the two confused..I have used both but the one in the pic is this one..HOW did I do that. undecided.gif I think I am losing it.? undecided.gifrolleyes.gifshocked.gif

Milk Bath

1 cup dry milk powder

1 cup baking soda

2TBSP corn starch

10-25 drops FO

I put it all in a zip lock and shake shake shake..

use 2-3 TBSP per warm bath.

Oh I just bought a little envelope of it at the grocery store - makes a quart! And I'm researching as we speak.

My big question is do I have to reconstitute or is there a way to jsut incorporate the powdered milk into the batch? Thinking that MIGHT cut down on potential issues. - oh I think I found my answer (took 3 searches, not sure why) : http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12802&highlight=milk+powder

BTW I am taking the kids to the library tomorrow - ostensibly for them, but really so I can continue my research offline!

I've always heard people say that they reconstitute the milk before adding it in. I don't know if that's how to do it however, as I use "fresh from the goat" goats milk. :)

If it were me, and I was adding it to a cp or hp soap, I would reconstitute it.

HTH - :)

Wow Sliver - I don't think I can recall you ever posting before in the B&B. Nice to see you here. :)

I agree with you. I work full time and do this and just love the testing part of it. I have so many mistakes under my belt. It's pathetic. LOL But, I learn alot from them. I'm one that usually dives right in, makes lots of mistakes, try to figure out what I've done, and when I can't, then asks questions. I waste tons of $$$ that way, but I think its a big part of the fun. I think I have found the mad scientist in me. :D

Wow Sliver - I don't think I can recall you ever posting before in the B&B. Nice to see you here. :)

I agree with you. I work full time and do this and just love the testing part of it. I have so many mistakes under my belt. It's pathetic. LOL But, I learn alot from them. I'm one that usually dives right in, makes lots of mistakes, try to figure out what I've done, and when I can't, then asks questions. I waste tons of $$$ that way, but I think its a big part of the fun. I think I have found the mad scientist in me. :D

There are several forums I haven't posted in. I read them all, though. I tend to keep my trade secrets to myself rather than share with people who can't or won't experiment for themselves. Perhaps that is why I don't post much.

I make soap, B&B, and candles. I guess that means I can read the entire board? Just kidding with you! lol And yes, it's the experimenting that makes the best products. I don't want my products to be just like everybody else's products. Some of my goofing around has resulted in some of my best sellers.

And yes, it's the experimenting that makes the best products. I don't want my products to be just like everybody else's products. Some of my goofing around has resulted in some of my best sellers.

Absolutely and it does not have to be expensive. As long as your experiments are small, the waste is minimal. You really have to learn what works for **you** and not simply go by what others do.

There are several forums I haven't posted in. I read them all, though. I tend to keep my trade secrets to myself rather than share with people who can't or won't experiment for themselves. Perhaps that is why I don't post much.

I make soap, B&B, and candles. I guess that means I can read the entire board? Just kidding with you! lol And yes, it's the experimenting that makes the best products. I don't want my products to be just like everybody else's products. Some of my goofing around has resulted in some of my best sellers.

Hey wasn't doggin ya for coming here nor trying to imply anyone can't. :D

Thank you everyone for reminding me about the fun part of all this. I got involved in B&B because it was so much fun to try new things - and then got caught up in getting the "perfect" formulae and forgot to have fun with it.

Every one of you has made good points which I do take seriously.