I am SO freaking mad PICS added

MommaD

I decided to try some bath fizzie tablets. I have made the bombs before, and can't get them to work well for me. So, I got the PVC pipe, the dowel. They are smaller around, but I figured that I could make them longer, no problem. So, I make them with the castor oil recipe that i found on here, scented Mango Papaya from Peaks. Colored them pink, they are gorgeous. I think ,okay, I will put them in the oven, on warm for a while. I have the air going, to control the humidity.

So, I leave them in there about 30 minutes. They still seem great, no puffing, so I think, okay, I am ready to go to bed, so I take them out, place them on the table.

Air conditioning gets turned off. I wake up this morning, and the tablets have puffed up out the ends, where they weren't as dried out, I guess. The sides are perfect. I will have to take a pic. They were beautiful, now they are ruined. I am so p#(*ed off. How long can you leave them in the oven for to make sure they are dried? I just had it on warm, less than 200 degrees

166666183.jpg

166666169.jpg

166666157.jpg

Does anybody have any ideas? I would LOVE to be able to make these. They were so pretty last night, fizzed so beautifully. I MUST conquer these! I am attaching pictures to the first post. BTW, they are now rock hard...

I was just about to post that--I had looked at your profile, to see where "Closer to Hell than Previously Imagined" might be located. Sounded like you might have moved to Alabama!!

Anyway, I noticed that today's your birthday, so hope you have a great one!

Jane

Hi Elaina,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I can only imagine your disappointment! ARGH!!! This might sound dumb, but can that puffy end just be "sanded" off somehow?

Well, that might work. Since they are just practice ones, for me and the boys, I figure I won't worry about it much.

I am even more hacked off. I went to make another batch this morning, and couldn't get a single freaking one of them out of the damned PVC pipe. GRRRRRRRRR.

Hi Elaina,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I can only imagine your disappointment! ARGH!!! This might sound dumb, but can that puffy end just be "sanded" off somehow?

I actually tried sanding them once, lol. I used fine sandpaper and it didn't take the bumps totally away but it smoothed em out and they didn't look so bad. However, be careful cuz if u sand em too much it will leave a mark from the sandpaper. I have given up on bath bombs until wintertime when I don't have to worry bout this wacky summer weather.:D

I am even more hacked off. I went to make another batch this morning, and couldn't get a single freaking one of them out of the damned PVC pipe. GRRRRRRRRR.

You and Eugenia! Poor babies. I think I'll stick with my meatballer and measuring spoons (or Jenny:D).

Whooohooooooo

I did it!!! I did get some out of that batch, stuck them in the oven on the lowest heat, for about 10 hours, and they are perfect!!! YES!!!

Maybe someday I can build up to a meatballer!!!!

I sanded some of mine one time with the really fine side of one of those box graters and they turned out fine. I was able to save a big batch that way, it's worth a try since only the end look puffy. Good luck.

Janis Rogers

jansbathscents

I don't know if you would want to do this or not - but I just thought of what I would do - do a "limited edition" (that's my way of saying I goofed! LOL) bath crumble. Take the bombs and break them up some how (I'm thinking a zipper freezer bag and a hard banging object - good for frustration too! :) ) and put them in a salt tube or a bag or a jar or whatever you have laying around that you think would look cool.

It's a bummer they didn't work for you. I leave mine in my roaster oven on warm for a few hours then leave them there for two or three days (depending on how much moisture is in the air). I love my roaster oven - it cost me like $40 and I can do SOOOOO much with it! And it frees up my oven for making otherthings (like soap! LOL)

HTH at least alittle...

Life & Light!

Tish