canopy/tent color

lindsaycb

do you think it makes a difference on attracting customers to you?

I'm eyeing up a red ezup canopy because it coordinates with my logo, etc. BUT, is red offending? Exciting?

I know in the past some craft show coordinators required white so they'd all blend in...but I don't think that happens so much does it?

I rarely do shows, and if I do do them, I guess I want to stand out. Red & White all the way

Personally, I would stick with the white. It lets the most light in, and gives a true color of your products. I've seen some other crafters with blue, or green tents, and it just looks dark underneath. I'd find a way to incorporate the red in other ways with displays.

I have a blue tent (there was a $100 price difference between it and the white one!) I dont notice that it casts a blue hit, just a regular shadow. I keep very cool under it as well.

I've NEVER seen a show in my area requiring a white tent.

I'm just getting started doing outdoor craftshows, but I haven't seen a requirement for white tents yet. I've been to craft shows though, and seen some pretty skanky looking "white" tents.

I think people might associate a red tent with food. It seems a lot of outdoor food vendors use red and white themes.

I think it'll make you stand out in a sea of white, but you gotta have more than color (as I know you know) to get the initial draw.

I really don't think people go by color or are drawn to it. JMO.

Red would probably hide the dust and dirt and whatnot that the white tents pick up. However, red seems to be a little harsh to some eyes. Using red could throw up a danger Will Robinson feeling or a stop sign. I don't find the color all that inviting.

White is required by a lot of large festivals for continuity (sp), it makes the whole them look nice if everyone is the same at least in that area. You can get creative with your banner, or use bold color, that is what people will look up at, who you are and what you have!