Doodlebug Pillar- Large Crystal Palm

Thanks everyone.

Tammy- Yes it's the GL Large Crystal and I will definetly show pics as it burns. Dont expect them soon though. Starting tomorrow- I am shut down on vacation until the 5th of August. I will be lucky to sneak in computer time

Christina

Love the candle & it seems to be burning well now, but I'd also like to see how it's burning when it gets more than 1/2 way down.

Your desk is SO clean. I could never burn a candle on mine without starting a forest fire from all the papers piled up on my desk. :grin2:

You really are making some beautiful candles with your palm wax. I can tell that you are enjoying working with it. :) When we were kids here in the south, we used to find these little funnel like holes in the ground, they would often be around barns and farm buildings.

The sides of this downward sloping conelike hole would be of a loose sand consistentcy. At the bottom of the hole just under the dirt, was where the doodlebug was hanging out waiting for an ant or whatever that stepped into his trap to slide to the bottom.

We as kids would take a small twig or a stiff blade of grass and knock a bit of the sand to the bottom to see if we could get the doodlebug to move. If he did, we would try to get him to latch on to it with his little pinchers.

We used to have some kind of little rhyme, like a chant or song that we would say whilst we were messing with this poor creature.(we didn't have nintendo...lol.) For the life of me I can't remember how it went.....well, there's a whole lot that I can't remember these days.

Anyway, funny thing that such a beautiful candle would make an old guy remember his childhood. :grin2: Well, at least halfway remember it...

Absolutely Gorgeous work there, bubblegum doodlebug. :grin2:

Yep, will definetly wick up next time. When I get back from vacation, I am going to try several with CD 16 and 18 and see what burns I get for these pillars

I am satisfied with my short pillars and votive wicking for this wax, just have to get these to work and I will be happy!

Christina

Great palm pillar! I don't think that you should wick up on this one. Palm wax can be a little tempermental. If you wick up, you may have a blow out! Try burning this one all the way down and you should be left with a shell. I wish I knew how to copy and paste a pic, I would show you the pic I posted of my granite pillar and how it burned. Maybe you could do a search of this forum to see the pic. Anyway, it's a wonderful candle----and have a nice vacation.:smiley2:

Great palm pillar! I don't think that you should wick up on this one. Palm wax can be a little tempermental. If you wick up' date=' you may have a blow out! Try burning this one all the way down and you should be left with a shell. I wish I knew how to copy and paste a pic, I would show you the pic I posted of my granite pillar and how it burned. Maybe you could do a search of this forum to see the pic. Anyway, it's a wonderful candle----and have a nice vacation.:smiley2:[/quote']

Maybe this is it.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17925&highlight=granite+pillar