Fruit Slices/Fuel Smell

Ok...tested this one last night in 1lb J223 with one ounce of fo...44-24-18z wick...I get a strong fuel smell but my dh says he smells more fruit than fuel. What in the world could have caused this smell? I also get this with Peppermint (both oils are Peaks). I used orange dye chips.

I had this same problem recently! I thought it was my 1945 that was causing the fuel smell, but I tried fruit slices from another supplier and didn't notice it at all. I thought maybe my fruit slices from Peak had gone bad or something... :undecided

Yep, you can get a fuel smell with some citrus scents. You really have to test citrius scents to find the ones that don't have that fuel smell when they are burned.

If you only get the fuel smell in wax, that you burn, then don't worry just use that scent in non burning products like wax melts, room spray, wickless candles etc.

I can't figure it out either Lola. Like I mentioned, I could smell it very strongly, but the DH couldn't:undecided I really hope it goes away because I really like this OOB and has a great cold throw. And, of course, I don't want to stray from Peaks if I don't have to!

I do containers, using J223 and zinc, and Peaks Fruit Slices is one of my most requested scents during the summer. I've never had anyone complain about a fuel smell. Can you give it to someone else to test and see what they think?