coffee bean candle

KJohnson

Very very cute! I'd jam the bottom really full & pour the bottom and a extra slushy thick stage maybe? I know I can whip up j223 and froth it into the jar which looks really cool...like a batter almost on the bottom. But soy is just an oddball.

If you look back at the original post you will see the beans she used are wax, real beans are flammable.

HTH

Wendy

thank you Country Crafter....

yes I knew that someone would ask that...I bought a couple oz of wax coffee bean embeds to play with making this candle...but I think Im gonna go find some where to buy POUNDS of them. This candle is burning great.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

The couple times I used soy with embeds I was not happy. (I was using candy corn and cinnamon sticks). If I were to do them again I would try heating the glass, the pressing them onto it so they looked nice, then pouring a little soy in at slushy stage and swirl that around to coat and let that set. Then finally do the pour. Maybe they would show up more? (Thats the problem, soy is so opaque that as soon as the embeds get a little bit away from the glass you can't see them anymore - with paraffin you get a bit of depth).

The only time I was sort of happy with embeds with soy was when I used a pillar soy, unmolded it - then heatgunned it so the embeds stood out from the wax.

I think you have the whole look down nice though and I would put some on top - as others have said.