How do y'all get orange?

I did a search on the forum, but didn't see a discussion of this. I need a bright orange, but have not had much luck. I tried mixing yellow and red, but it came out very dark. I even tried variations...added more yellow, then more red. Still no luck. I bought orange dye from Candle Science, but that comes out kinda like "old gold" with a few drops...or almost rust with more drops. Is bright orange possible?

Thanks. :)

Typically 2 parts yellow to one part red...You could also try 5 parts yellow to 2 parts red for a brighter shade...3 parts yellow to 1 part red typically makes a peach color, which is also a bright orange shade if you use a certain amount of it.

The proportions of the colors as well as the total amount of dye is important to get what you want. With liquid dyes you don't always have the option of mixing directly into the wax, because it can take too many drops to get the proportions right. For example, you might want only one drop of orange in your wax but it takes 3 drops to mix it.

If you often mix colors it can be helpful to have some extra little bottles and droppers on hand, so you can mix up a color and then use exactly the number of drops you need.

for my orange I use a peach dye block from Candlewic.

I did this just last night. I am using J223 wax and had to use quite a bit more than I usually would for my pillar wax but the result was a beautiful bright orange!

I love the liquid colors from Rustic Escentuals or Ky's Orange chips, they make a nice bright orange. I would try the yellow drops and maybe a toothpick for the red, a smidge at a time, stir and test on white tile or wax paper, till you get what you want. Don't think you'll need much red.