wax embed question

I ordered a 5 lb. mix fruit lot from an ebay seller. I read her fb before I bid and it was low. Compaints about just about everything. However, it was an auction with a very low start price. Most of the neg fb was a while back, so I thought maybe she would be on her toes trying to pull it up. WRONG. Not only was her shipping very slow, she ignored emails. I got the mix today. Opening a box of embeds is usually such a pleasure. I could barely smell anything. There were some strawberries, peaches, raspberries, and blackberries. Fine. However, the rest were these putrid yellowish greenish things that looked like mini blueberries. Also some very pale red, not pink, of the same thing. No scent. The putrid yellowish ones were labeled snowberries. Any idea what she had in mind?? Is she just po'd because no one bid against me?? She shouldn't be--she burned me on the shipping. I knew I was making the right move by switching to Laura at tropicalbreeze!

What do I do with snowberries????? They are not scented.

Sorry to hear you ran into crappy seller.

It got me curious about snowberries though. I've heard of them but never bothered to find out what they are. It won't help you with what to do with lousy embeds, but Wikipedia rocks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowberry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Symphoricarpos_albus_7927.jpg

They don't seem like something you'd bother making an embed of, unless maybe you ran out of dye.

That's too bad about your eBay seller! Sorry to hear it. :sad2:

I can't imagine anyone wanting embeds of snowberries! They grow in huge, invasive drifts here where I live... A little folklore from the NE Washington Mountains: When the snowberries are flowering, the ticks are out and about.

The flowers are pretty though.

Top - Wickipedia definitely does rock!

Lori

(edited because I can't spell my own name tonight)

I did a search and knew right away that I was dealing with a nut job. No one would make those. I read about what they are, and it wasn't flattering to the plant! Honestly, I think she did that on purpose. Well, live and learn. Guess I'll get some kind of mold and melt them down and make something worthwhile with them. If anyone thinks of anything better, let me know. I've generally dealt with nice sellers on ebay. This one just has a screw loose. Snowberries???? Ha Ha! :laugh2:

I read on ebay that they are going to start cracking down on people asking for high prices on shipping. Bought time too.

Janet

I doubt that, there are so many sellers that sell items for a penny, but charge 4-5 times actual shipping charges, it should be cracked down on, but ebay would probably lose half their customers. LOL

Probably the same seller that I ran into on ebay! I ordered a "mixed fruit" bag,and what I got looked like jelly beans that were broke in half!!! Yeah for Laura at Tropical Breeze!!! I found her and placed my order and was really happy with everything I got from her! She is also very willing to work with you and help w/ anything needed. I use alot of embeds and have ordered through various suppliers, but I will be sticking w/ Tropical Breeze!!

Yes, I originally ordered from Laura on ebay and was very happy with the quality of her embeds. I contacted her from her website about a bulk order, and I couldn't have asked for friendlier service! She has really worked with me. My order is on the way, and I know that I will be happy. There won't be that disappointment when I open her box. You should see the wacky color of "peaches" that the ebay lunatic sent. Yukk