Reverse Swirl and how to do one...

If you are using fragrances that will darken the soap, like a vanilla, you can reserve some soap before the fragrance is added. This way you have a portion with fragrance, and some without. They will be light and dark. This is sometimes called a blind swirl, since you cannot see it when you are doing it.

It was suggessted to me that you can tint the portion that will darken with some cocoa to make it easier to do.

hanks for the tip about darkening the soap that will discolor. my blind swirls never come out right

If you are using fragrances that will darken the soap, like a vanilla, you can reserve some soap before the fragrance is added. This way you have a portion with frangrance, and some without. They will be light and dark. This is sometimes called a blind swirl, since you cannot see it when you are doing it.

It was suggessted to me that you can tint the portion that will darken with some cocoa to make it easier to do.

Hey I think I did something like this by mistake yesterday. It looks to be three different shades and I used a turkey baster. I really like swirling with the baster. I haven't tried it in my round molds yet but that's next.

Turkey baster, now that is a good idea. Do you suck up some of the soap and just pope around and squirt? That sounds likea good coloring technique.

Yep pretty much that's how i did it. I made a design on the bottom of my mold and then I poured the rest of the soap in the mold kinda like layering because the design seemed to stay still when I poured the soap on it and then I just sucked and swirled repeatedly until I was happy or there was nothing left to swirl. I haven't cut it yet but i will post a pic if you want to see the swirls. Keep in mind it's my first turkey baster swirl..lol

In AJ-Speak ...

Blind swirl: Adding a swirl portion that is the same color as the main batter. You can't see what the swirl looks like when you're swirling it. You won't see the results until either the swirl portion or the main portion of the soap discolors due to your fo.

Swirl: Removing a small portion of soap batter and adding color, then swirling that into the main portion of soap batter, which is left uncolored.

Reverse Swirl: Removing a portion of soap batter and leaving it uncolored, then adding color to the main portion of soap batter. Then add the uncolored swirl to the main batter portion, which has been colored.

Just the way I refer to things in my soapy world! :D

AJ I like your definitions the best!!!

but what is it when you remove some soap and color both portions and then swirl

or remove 2 portions and swirl 2 colors in colored main batter?:wink2::D

soap is complicated!