WSP Body Butter

pamperme

..has anyone used this base? Do you like it? Is it worth it..does it take scent and color well? I want to do bases for a while until I get this preservative thing down pat..and I want a body butter in my line. :undecided

I use this & like it. But I will mention what I think my major pros & cons are. Cons first: It goes on a little greasy at first.....but then, in just seconds, it DOES melt in. Some people may not like that it does start out greasy. The first time I used it I looked at my hands & saw a sheen....but then within 30 seconds, it DID melt right in. But, it IS a "butter" & not a lotion. Second negative: I HAVE had trouble with certain scents covering up the scent of the unscented base. It is not an offensive smell....but there is something there. Most FO's worked fine. Just some vanillas & bakery types I had trouble covering the base with. But, Florals, fruits, perfume dupes, etc...all worked fine. What I LOVE about it is: it is a true butter: thick & rich. No mistaking this for a lotion. I don't heat it to scent it because I don't like to change its original texture. I also bought this from other people, before using it myself. I really like that this can't be confused for a body lotion. It is a butter for sure. HTH

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a bit of this base through the classies here. I really like the consistency, etc. of it. However, I am also at a loss to overcoming the "base" smell without being overpowering with scent. I read the other threads on this base and don't want to add distilled water, etc. So far I have only tried 2 scents because I only have a small amt & am trying to decide whether I want to order a large qty. I have tried Joop and Amazing Graces, both from SOS. I warmed the base slightly in the microwave and whisked in the scent. Have any of you had success with this base, and if so, how? Please?? I'm with Katherine in that I like the fact that it is a butter.

Excellent! Everything you said is exactly what I was hoping for..I am gonna give it a whirl..I don't do a lot of bakery in my B&B line..people seem to want the dupes and fruit mostly.

Did you end up ordering it? & if so, who do you like it?

Not yet but can't wait to..I am waiting to hear about my SBA loan and I am going to order with the other stuff I need.. I have not seen to many Body Butter bases out there soooo hoping this is a good one...sound good..seen good reviews on it.

I've tried a couple of other scents with my little bit but still have a problem with the base smell. Don't get too excited about the reviews you read on their website. It's my understanding that they won't publish the negative ones.

I have not seen to many Body Butter bases out there soooo hoping this is a good one...sound good..seen good reviews on it.

You can look at: www.soapandthings.com I believe, if you look at the ingredients, they have the same butter as WSP, as well as a few variations of it(they've added some ingredients on some, but also have the plain one like WSP). I haven't checked, but I know, they used to.

(they call the WSP one: Silky Whipped Body Butter Lotion Base) (and if you do a side by side comparison of ingredients lists, you'll see they have WSP's Goats Milk Base, Luxury Mist, etc, etc, etc. Although, if you are also planning to order some FO's from WSP, then I'd stick with WSP)