rustic layer worked!!! Burn pics added

Brat

My first try at it, and I'm so excited it worked!!! May not be the prettiest candle in the gallery (by far!) but not bad for a first try maybe? The only pillar wax I had was the 1274 mottling wax. I added some UA, as the wax is only supposed to hold 5% FO. Scented Chestnuts and Brown Sugar. Woohoo!!!

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Thanks so much! I've got another one cooling, and I ordered a few more pillar molds. This might get addicting... (I've been doing mostly votives and a few containers, but these rustic layers are just too cool!)

Oh, if you see anything wrong, let me know. I can take it ;)

Burn pics... I've never seen a pillar burn before, so I don't know what to compare it to. It's cupping in towards the top, teeniest amount of bulge. This is right after the 2nd 4 hour burn. This is good right? Or should the walls be thinner by now? They're about 1/4 of an inch thick, as far as I can tell... (the pillar I have burning in the background I got at hobby lobby, but it hasn't been burning long enough to tell.. I bought after the first burn!)

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

Looks fine as far as I can tell on the burn, but am noticing you seem to be burning from what would be the bottom of the candle to the top. Any reason why you inverted your candle?

I thought the bottom of the mold was the top of the candle...? I poured the dark brown layer last.

See the one behind the candle you were burning. I was looking at that and should have said so. It looks like a bottom of a candle to me, but yet has a wick sticking up? The top didn't look smoothe, so I was wondering if you were merely turning your candles around.

See the one behind the candle you were burning. I was looking at that and should have said so. It looks like a bottom of a candle to me, but yet has a wick sticking up? The top didn't look smoothe, so I was wondering if you were merely turning your candles around.

Looks to me like a wick pin was used and the wick replaced.

Oh lol. The tops (of the whole whopping 2 I made) don't seem to come out smooth. I guess it's the tiny amount of wax that goes past the bottom of the wick pin. When I pop it out, there's just a teeny rim of wax on the bottom of the mold, guess the base of the wick pin is just a tad small. There's also a chunk missing on that one where I knocked it against the mold, I was so excited to pull it out, I wasn't paying attention lol

Thanks for all of the replies!!!