How Hot

How hot do you think is to hot to have candles sitting out for a sale?

I have never set up outside with my candles.

Well this weekend there is a town wide sale and everyone wants me to set up.

But I'm not sure if I should.

What do you think is to hot?

Thanks for your input.

Anywhere in the sun in the 90s or above and without fans and electricity lol! I know there are peeps who sell throughout the summer in the heat and do just fine. Keep your stock rotated, covered and off of pavement and outta the sun. It does help to have a nice breeze.

In addition to what Scented said, how you make your candles can make a difference too. With some waxes it can be scary easy to make them sweat or get too soft. Yesterday I left an exhaust fan running but no A/C and it may have gotten as hot as 90 degrees (probably not more than that). When I got back, the little sample container of GL 70/30 I'd poured had little oil droplets on the surface -- with no FO in it. Everything else was fine.

Ditto what has already been said. Container wax is a real problem - I use blend of J223 and soy. I have not had a problem with my votives or hurricanes. But I use umbrellas to have shade on my display. Last summer I did an outside show with a heat index over 100. The wax in all my wine glass candles melted. What a ucky mess. Pray for a cloudy day with a breeze and good luck.

Thanks for the input.

Looks like I might not have to worry.

Forcast is rain , rain, rain. Like me need it. grrrr

PA don't need anymore rain.

I do use the UV so I would be good to go there.

Maybe I might be able to set up in between the drops.

Might be in the 90's Sunday and maybe if it's not to bad out with rain I could set up in my garage.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend.

Happy July 4th. :D

if you dont use a uv inhibitor try getting into the shade... my first time out i didnt think of that and some colors faded...

What everyone else said plus even with UV the direct sunlight can make them start fading right before your eyes. ( ask me how I know :cool2: )