They asked about container waxes, so how about pillar?

Me, being a broken record and all, can only say that I love OK6228 for pillars. One pillar scents up an entire room and even the cold throw is banging.

I also love mottling waxes and use them virtually everyday( 1274, 4045H) but mostly because of the cool looks i can get. I'm working on a way to stuff as much FO into a mottling wax as I do into the OK6228. When that day comes, I'll switch over completely to save me from buying 2 different waxes from 2 different places.

All my opinion.....of course.

DanaE

I agree 6228 does have great scent throw...better than any other pillar wax that I have tried...however...I don't care much for a smooth pillar. I'm more into the rustic and mottled look myself so I only use the 6228 along with the J223 to make my tarts. I love my 4045 for my pillars though. I can make my rustics, mottles, etc., and the scent throw is good...just not as good as the 6228.

It depends on what I'm wanting, but I mostly use IGI 4625 and IGI 1343.. Both have great qualities, and you can do soooo much with the 1343 that it's pretty much a universal wax.. :) Love that...

But for quick easy, get it poured and get it done type of pillars, I use the 4625.. So easy to work with and great h/c throw, and beautiful burn everytime! :)

I agree OK 6628 has awesome throw and is nice and smooth, I use it in tarts too with J223, I like the 1343 I've been playing some with it rustics and mottled. I also like the Astor F and PQ cause the effects are so kool, and I think I've got the wick down path on the 3" pillars.

Hi all,

I am looking for a great wax to test for tarts. :cool2:

Where can I find this OK6628? I haven't heard of this one yet.

So is this a paraffiin wax only?

I haven't been looking at paraffins waxes yet.

I would love to try to make pillar someday :rolleyes2

Wow I can't believe this is Friday already. The week has went so fast.

Have a great weekend

Brooke

Does Peaks carry OK6228? I haven't checked yet...I get mine at Nature's Garden (they call it the MP145 wax) but there are numerous sites that carry it. My old supplier stopped carrying it because it became too expensive (it IS an expensive wax). You could probably go to www.thescentreview.com and then click on the suppliers link. Then click on Wax or FO (either will work) and you'll get a long list of suppliers. You should be able to find several that have the wax and maybe you'll get lucky and find a supplier close to you!

DanaE

I am REALLY new to pillars and trying to make those purdy ones. How about the IGI 1274? I have tried this and right now can smell my pomegrante and orange candle from another room...and that is the cold throw! I have only tried the veggie blend pillar was from KY supply and I liked it ok. Any opinions on the 1274?

I am REALLY new to pillars and trying to make those purdy ones. How about the IGI 1274? I have tried this and right now can smell my pomegrante and orange candle from another room...and that is the cold throw! I have only tried the veggie blend pillar was from KY supply and I liked it ok. Any opinions on the 1274?

1274 is a great mottling/rustic wax. It's definitely close to the top of my favorite waxes, but it's not one I can get close by so I had to give it up. It does have a great scent throw, just not quite as good as the OK6228. I'm currently getting my mottling/rustic wax from a supplier that is very close to me so the shipping is incredibly cheap. The wax is much cheaper too so it's a great deal for me all around.

DanaE