Rustics Help

Is there an easy way to get these suckers to come out of the mold? Well here's my first horror story lol. First off I was making tilted layers and using a loaf pan. I just leaned the candle up against the pan this time instead of putting it back inside. BAM rolled off on the floor!!! Okay not much came out so I can salvage this. Took it out of the freezer to unmold it. I'm shaking and shaking the mold the candle starts to slide out soooooooo I keep shaking harder and harder a little more comes out. It's looking good, layers, rustic really nice. I give it one more good shake and Holy Crap wax spills out all over my legs :laugh2: ouchie. The darn center wasn't set. I was sooooooooo mad it looked beautiful back into the pot it went. We'll see how it turns out this time. Also, had to change the white layers i had in it.

Patience is a virtue my friend. When I pour rustics....as hard as this may seem, I pour the last layer and then wait at least 6-7 hrs before I start putzing with it. I have put them in the fridge to hurry up the cooling process and all I can say is sometimes it works...and sometimes it doesn't. You mentioned the freezer....I would suggest not doing the freezer as you are only doing a fast freeze on the outside layers and the inside is still hot. Hell, I thought using the refrigerator was pushing it. LOL

Slow down is my best advise.. :D

When you wake up it'll be like Christmas morning. :)
LOL, thats how I feel, I usually pour at night and then in the morning when my alarm goes off, I'm like nooooo, dont wanna go to work...then I realize I have candles to unmold and jump right up!

LOL, thats how I feel, I usually pour at night and then in the morning when my alarm goes off, I'm like nooooo, dont wanna go to work...then I realize I have candles to unmold and jump right up!
LMAO! I know, it's a great antidote for not being a morning person.

I was wondering what that white stuff was on some parts of my candles this morning lol. Now I know how and what to do. I just had to try it and see what happened since this was my first. It turned out pretty good even though I couldn't leave the white. I'll post a pic later.