New Problem with photo canes

I've been going nuts all day with this one! I am following Donitas instructions and I have made some smaller canes with no trouble. Now I got the bigger molds, 5" diameter and I can't get a good pic no matter what I do. But I also have different paper, could that be a problem? It's not as heavy as what I had b4. I will the little rubber plugs for the mold and the last 2 I took out had water in them, now what happened there? The water was in the bottom of the mold. This is making me crazy and I am determined to get a good one. I made a smaller heart mold today and it was good! Please help b4 I pull out all of my hair, whats left of it. :angry2: Thanks Dee

Dee....the best paper to use is 24# bright white....I have tried others and I don't get good results. Maybe someone else does....You ordered regular molds with drilled holes in the bottom? Mine don't have holes. Be sure the plug is in tightly...mine don't leak water in when I use them. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time....I am going to bed but will talk to you tomorrow and we will figure this out....don't freak out.....we will get this right. Donita

Donita you are such a sweetheart! I did one more this afternoon with the other paper I had and it worked much better. The new paper I got is 20#, it was on sale. I'll talk to you tomorrow, sweet dreams.

Dee, Donita is right on target. Head to an office supply store and get some 24# HP bright white paper. Really made all the difference for my 'canes. I've never used a driled mold for 'canes. Isn't there a tape the folks use to seal the hole? Maybe tape plus the plug would do the trick for you. Good Luck

When I ordered these molds I didn't see any without the holes. So I bought the plugs, they worked fine until today. Ruined 2 of them...I don't know what I was doing today. But I had used those plugs a few times, one time to many I'm thinking...:sad2: Good th;ing I'm not a quitter. :wink2: