More questions! Molds this time.

Luci

Sorry about all the questions, but the more I look at the gallery at the beautiful pics, the more I want to know. My VERY limited experience in soap making has been with using the molds that make individual bars. I am loving the big slabs some of you are posting. What are they called and where do you get them? Are they only for from scratch recipes? How much do you make at one time? Those of you with the swirls, etc. are just too cool. I do have one big loaf mold that came with a kit that I've never used. Don't have a soap cutter,:tiptoe:

If you want an inexpensive slab mold, I used Rubbermaid drawer organizers from Wal-Mart successfully for years. They hold a 2 lb. batch nicely, or if you want really thick, chunky bars, you could make a 2.5 or even a 3 lb. batch in them. They yield 10 rectangular or 12 nearly-square bars, depending on how you cut. The label says 15 x 6 x 2 inch. HTH

ROFLMAO!! You got a Secret Buddy didn't you? ;)

Thanks for posting that! Man so lye doesn't eat it to death on one use? I know making incense in them does LOL!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the post!

And it's a lime lol! Goes great with tequila ;)

I've got a plastic tray that came with my refridgerator and it holds up to 4lbs and it needs no liner or oil. I also use plastic 32 oz round bottles that I use to make perfect round soap( my fave so far) and this weekend while looking for material (at menards) to build my own soap mold, I came across these perfect boxes on the shelves that were empty that once held brackets. I asked the salesperson what they did with them when they were empty and she said oh we throw them out and you know I asked her if I could have them and she said sure!..I took three with me that day and have already made 2lbs of soap and they also had much larger boxes. They were happy to bag them along with everything else..:D These boxes should hold up to 3-4 lbs of soap each. I don't think I am going to build one just yet. line with freezer paper or plastic bag. I'll post a pic after my puter calms down. Added the pics below. Soap I made with the bracket box, still needs cleaning up but the box worked great!