Pillar candle wax

I am thinking of making pillar candles, chunk candles and rustic candles, can this enlightened group suggest which is the best wax among those available near to me.

IGI 1242 - Pillars Melt Point: 139F, IGI 1245 - Pillars

Melt Point: 140F, IGI 4625 - Pillars Melt Point: 142F,EcoSOYA PB.

Thanks

Hi, you will get a lot of different answers on this but my pillars I make with IGI-4625,,,Now I have not done chunks as this wax is opaque. I know nothing about the other waxes but dont worry, some one will chime in!!:D

Don't know if it's available to you, but I've used Astor 6228 for several years in all types of pillars. I make chunk candles also, and it works well there too.

I get a smooth pillar, with great scent throw, hot and cold.

Fredron

Waxes 'n Wicks

Lighting the world one candle at a time.

Personally I would try to get samples of each and see which you like. Yeah, I'm a 1343 user too, but you didn't list that as your option. I don't think you're going to be able to use soy to make a rustic, definitely not a mottle and it's play-ability should be quite limited beyond layers or solids.

Could be from Canada - eh? Those are the waxes are the ones available where I live too. 1242 is a good place to start. Its pretty standard and makes a nice pillar. I've used 1245 as well. Prefer 1242. You can order 1343 from the US, but its best to try those readily available to you first due to shipping costs. Haven't tried 4625.