Saved hurricane owl SOLD!

Donita

I posted this in the general candlemaking instead of here.... This is the candle that I ruined yesterday. When I was over dipping it I made a hole in the top......I was going to toss it out....I waited a day and today decided to fill it up and put in a plug....now it has a tea light. Lesson here is to wait a day and re-think your problem....no matter what it is. It takes me an hour to put on all of the flower petals.....I am very happy now. Donita

post-248-139458404201_thumb.jpg

you know Donita i was just telling my husband you have got some awesome talent when you can take flowers & make them into something so beautiful....AWESOME job as usual. if i had just a smidge of the talent you have maybe my business would be as successful as yours......My hat off to you.

Ed just called me from the store and he just sold the (broken) candle for $40.00.....see....don't throw things out until you really know for sure that you don't want it.... and can't fix it..........that is why my attic is such a mess...LOL.....I am smiling right now.....The customer bought two candles. Very cool. Donita

Great save Donita, and a great looking candle. Lateral thinking is the way to go - glad you got such good results from it. Now for a couple of questions: 1) What is the melt point of hurricane wax, and 2) How long can that tealight burn before it starts to melt the wax around it? (Yep, still working on my everlasting candle). LOL. Mozzie

Mozzie.....my hurricane wax doesn't melt around the tea light. I have burned them until they put themselves out and no melting. The melt point is 155. Really, they don't melt. I also use plastic tea lights...they are cooler. Janet (creativegemsmolds) sells plugs for all kinds of things. I got some ink from her and tried it yesterday on a carved candle. Works great. I am going to do another experiment today....not sure if I am good enough to tackle the Celtic Knot designs yet.....but....then again...why not? I won't do it on a candle...just an experiment piece. Will let you know how it goes. I think that making this kind of candle would be perfect for the ink carved candles. It would look great on a hurricane too. Donita