GL 70/30 and JS Oils and others

Hi everyone, have not posted in a while, changed to GL 70/30 and LOVE IT!!:cheesy2: Have added about 12 of their FO's to my "Must Haves" so far but have many JS and a few others in my line that I am retesting in 70/30 now and the JS oils I have tested so far are doing extremely well in the 70/30. All at 1 oz PP and 48 hour cure time.

JS FO's tested so far:

Vanilla of Pearl-strong

Orange Chiffon Cake-Was great in pure soy is A "Must Have" in 70/30-strong

Hyacinth Chula Orchid-strong (not big on florals but Love this one)

Coconut Bubble-strong

Sea Mist-strong

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar-strong (Must Have)

Lemon Sugar-strong

Carmel Sugar Crunch-strong

Festival of Lights-strong

I have about 20 more JS oils to test in my line

Peaks:

Pink Sugar-strong (Great Seller)

Vanilla Passion-strong

Spruce Christmas Tree-strong

Just started testing my Peaks FO's in 70/30

Scented Bean:

Lavender Fields-strong and true (I love Lavender and this is GREAT)

Strawberry Shortcake-strong

Heavenly Cinnabun-strong

Rose-strong and true (was using Peaks but this is working better in 70/30)

MillCreek:

Berry Creme Brulee-strong (love this one)

Sweet Pea and Me- this is an absolute MUST HAVE in 70/30 can't keep it poured up fast enough, whole house filler

Winter Candy Apple-strong

Apricot Sorbet-strong

Several more to test

Lone Star:

French Market-strong (another good seller)

Several others yet to test

Natures Garden:

Hot Apple Pie-strong (my 3 testers are very picky and all 3 choose this one)

Downy Vanilla Lavender-strong

Pumpkin Crunch Cake-strong

About 10 more left to test

Green Leaf:

Maduro-strong

Indonesian Teak-strong (Love this one)

Gardenia Petals-strong (another favorite)

Antahala Vanilla-strong

Key Lime Pie-strong (sells great)

Starla-strong (another good seller)

Violet Musk-strong

Grapefruit Watermelon-strong

Lavender Vanilla-strong

Leather n Lace-strong

Cherry Vanilla-strong

Sun Washed Linen-strong

Aroma Haven/Rustic Escentuals

SATSUMA!!! Excellent in 70/30

I have 9 more to test in 70/30 from them

These are all "Keepers" in my line that I am having great results with. Will post results of the ones I still have to test in 70/30 if anyone is interested.

Wow, you'be been a busy little tester, huh?? There's a new FO on the list at GL....Patchouli Valencia. Got some yesterday and it's great OOB & in the pot - will wait one more day to lite it but don't think I'll be disappointed.

Thanks Pam W

Just ordered another case of 70/30 and got the Patchouli Valencia, Honeysuckle Blooms and Plumeria as my samples. Hope the Honeysuckle and Plumeria are what I am looking for, strong and true (no luck on good ones yet). And yes, very busy testing my "keepers" in the 70/30 to see if they will work (along with testing new FO's to add) and so far they are doing GREAT!! LOVE the 70/30. At least I never have to test another wax. This one is definitely a KEEPER!!:yay:

Know the feeling mizbizzyb:D

Thanks CountryGal, I will post the results of the rest of my testing. Tara this wax is definitely worth the re-testing :thumbsup: But I sure will be glad when I have my "old" keepers done so I can try new ones:D,(actually slip a few new ones in when I pour up the old ones). Did I mention you have got to try MillCreek's Sweet Pea and Me? (LOL) :drool:

BTW I have a bear shaped jar that I can finally use with the 70/30 wax, (never could get it to do quite right with my other wax). I will post some pictures when I figure out how, I have a couple going now and they are doing GREAT!! No soot even though it has a smaller opening at the top and still get great scent throw. Have tested 5 different FO's so far and they have all done great with the same wick. Can finally sell these now. Customers have been waiting for me to "Release" the bear so they are Happy now (just don't have a big scent choice yet, but they don't care, they just want the bear).

that's what I am doing. Testing my existing scents and then going to add new ones. I am almost there with my existing ones. Last night I was testing a candle and must have forgotten about it until this morning:lipsrseal I have never done that before. I got up and was wandering why it smelled so good in the house. It was lit for a total of 18 hours straight and it did just fine. Not one little bit of soot. Now I know that's a no no and Ididn't mean to do it but now that I did I am glad I did because you know our wonderful little customers will do that.

today has not been a good cause I thought I turned my presto off and turned it the other way. I started to smell something really bad like burnt wax and ran over there and I turned it up to 400 :eek: . I quicky turned it off and no harm done. It's been one of those days where you should just crawl back into bed.

:tiptoe:

• 2 weeks later...

Tara! First you leave a candle burning all night, then you turn your wax up to high instead of off - all in less than 24 hours! Are you tired or drunk or blonde? :cheesy2: < Just joking.> But, seriously, gal, you've lucked out so far, so don't push it. Be careful and be safe. We don't want to lose you. :sad2:

Kigers24 would you mind also posting these results on the Greenleaf message board ( if you haven't already ) This thread will eventually make it to the back pages and since we have so many threads here on "Greenleaf" it may be hard to locate it using the search because so many posts will come up and this is the kind of info that is a wonderful tool for those of us that are in the process of testing fo's in the 70/30.

I will add to it as I find great throwing fo's that aren't already listed.

I just received my first case:cheesy2: After using up my first 10 lb slab I'm pretty sure that this is the wax I've been looking for :rolleyes2

Really appreciate you taking the time out to post your results:highfive:

Tara, don't feel like to much of a dunce. I have done almost the same thing. Like other chandlers I'm a fanatic about safety and I don't know how I did such a brain dead thing but-----.

I like to power burn in every single test candle because I know that customers do. I usually place them in the bathtub for the long burns ( in case that particular jar may suddenly decide to crack )

and yes I woke up one morning to find one still burning. :undecided

I generally disconnect my presto rather than just turning it off and one night I had some wax on the lowest setting ( thank goodness!!!) I guess after I thought I had pulled the connector off, the magnets weren't fully disengaged and the next morning I went out to turn it on and almost had heart failure when I realized that it was still on:o Those are two major mistakes that I will not make again.

Tara! First you leave a candle burning all night, then you turn your wax up to high instead of off - all in less than 24 hours! Are you tired or drunk or blonde? :cheesy2: < Just joking.> But, seriously, gal, you've lucked out so far, so don't push it. Be careful and be safe. We don't want to lose you. :sad2:

:D Actually I did this when I had a really bad head cold and shouldn't have been making or lighting candles LOL But yes I am a blonde so I can get away with a lot:laugh2:

Update on FO"S tested in GL 70/30:

JS

Katie Jo's Pink Lemonade- strong (really like this one)

Passionate Purple-strong

Muscadine-strong

Peaks:

Lemon Pound Cake- strong

Ocean- med. strong (only cured 48 hrs. may get stronger)

Candlescience:

Apple Jack and Peel- strong

Cranberry Marmalade- strong

Hansel and Gretel's House- strong (love this one also)

042.gif

For sure you all are not helping!! I too absolutely love Greenleaf 70/30. That stuff is the bomb! :D I am still testing, but between soaping and candle making, I am slow. Let me tell you this though...a couple of nights ago I was testing Maduro in the 70/30...my gawd!! that scent made it throughout the whole house, it was unbelievable! Then yesterday, we went to an outlet mall. They had a bath and body works there, so I bought a Henri Bendel candle...the cold throw was amazing. It was scented amber & myrrh. That was a to die for scent, so of course I bought it. I had that candle lit for at least 4 hours and neither of us could smell it unless you were right on top of it. On the one hand I was really disappointed with it, on the other I was sorta smug in knowing my own fledgling candles have way better hot throw!

I keep my Presto plugged in to one of those multi surge plugs along with a light. Always switch the surge off, the light and Presto go off. Only thing that keeps me from burning the house down is checking that light, if it's off then they're all off.

:D Actually I did this when I had a really bad head cold and shouldn't have been making or lighting candles LOL But yes I am a blonde so I can get away with a lot:laugh2:

ROTFLMAO @ Tara! Yep, my teenage daughter always plays the blonde card, too. Hey, wait, she worked on my hair tonight & went a little heavy on the highlights - I can use the blonde excuse now, too! Whoo Hoo, finally...a reason to get away with whatever I want to do! :laugh2:

• 1 month later...

Another update: 8/11/06

Aroma Haven/RE:

Forget Me Not: (this one is EXCELLENT!!)

Monkey Farts: selling great right now

Flannel Sheets: very clean scent

Candlescience:

Mistletoe: super strong

Creme Brulee: Excellent!! Had my testers compare this one to Tristate (which is also great in 70/30; and they all picked Candlescience Creme Brulee as the best one, said it was "richer" than Tristate. I love them both but will go with Candlescience.

Cajun:

Baby Powder: this is EXCELLENT!!, will not test any others

Again these are all in GL 70/30 @ 1 oz. PP This is a GREAT wax and I know a lot of you are trying it and it can get very expensive testing FO's and then have them not throw. Hope this info will help those testing with this wax.

:yay:

Hi Debbie. I am just testing my 10 lbs. I am having a problem with only moderate throw. I must be doing something wrong. I did just order different wicks but it is encouraging to see you getting a good throw at 6%. Guess I'll keep plugging away. I do like the wax if I can get it down. Thanks for the list of scents that are doing well also. Beth

I am using ECO 6, HTP 105, and ECO 8 in the 8 oz. square mason jars. Just started testing the 16 oz. apoth. and looks like I will be double wicking with either LX12's, LX14's or LX16's depending on FO. :)

Now for my dilemma, I have a list of around 40 FO's that are NOT working for me based on MY criteria that the FO has a decent throw at 1 oz. PP with no more than 3 days of curing. I am hesitate to post it because some of them MAY work with a longer cure time or using 1.5 oz pp. Still debating on that one. :)

I am using ECO 6, HTP 105, and ECO 8 in the 8 oz. square mason jars. Just started testing the 16 oz. apoth. and looks like I will be double wicking with either LX12's, LX14's or LX16's depending on FO. :)

Now for my dilemma, I have a list of around 40 FO's that are NOT working for me based on MY criteria that the FO has a decent throw at 1 oz. PP with no more than 3 days of curing. I am hesitate to post it because some of them MAY work with a longer cure time or using 1.5 oz pp. Still debating on that one. :)

Debbie,

I think you should post the ones that have not made it thru the 1st test. I'm testing a GL FO that's not throwing in GL's 70/30 but it passed Brenda's test burn so I'm motivated to try it again. When having a problem with throw it's nice to hear someone say "it needs more curing". FWIW