Fill line on square masons???

Hi Jenn,

I use the square masons with KY PB and althought that is a single pour wax, to avoid cracking, I do two pours in those jars. I fill just to the curve on the first pour and then up to the screw lines on the second. I leave about a 1/4 inch of headroom. You may have to see if you can do one pour with your wax, but I would definitely pour to near the top. I, too, like to see only wax when the lid is on. HTH

Hi. Guess I am in the minority, but I fill mine up past the shoulders and stop at the bottom of the neck. I had wicks burning too hot in the neck or not hot enough in the main part of the jar when I filled them higher and wicked for one or the other. Then again, maybe it is just my wicking. LOL. Beth

I also fill mine just past the shoulders. From my understanding that headroom also helps the melt because you have some glass exposed that is warming up helping the wax melt. Or that's the way I see it. I've found on some other containers that I filled full it seemed to take longer to get a full mp.

I filled mine just to the bottom screw line.....plus, if you fill them too full you don't have any room to put the lid on w/the wick sticking up.

Also, if I goofed, I tied a piece of gingham check material around the neck....actually like the looks of it so mich, that I ended up doing that to all of them...lol

I have to pour mine up to the bottom of the screw lines too. It just looks like I didn't fill them enough if I go lower, and customers think I'm cheap. LOL
AJ, I just have to say, I love your site and stuff!!;) I want so much to buy some of your candles, but I'm afraid I'll be be-headed if I buy a candle and have $300 worth of wax in my kitchen! :laugh2:

AJ' date=' I just have to say, I love your site and stuff!!;) I want so much to buy some of your candles, but I'm afraid I'll be be-headed if I [i']buy a candle and have $300 worth of wax in my kitchen! :laugh2:

:o Oh, thanks! I'm humbled and taken aback! I appreciate the compliment. :)

OK, just buy one and rip off the label. They'll never know the difference. :laugh2: Tell 'em it's for R&D ... it's not like I haven't had customers buy my stuff just to check out the other person's goods before! :laugh2: ROFL

Seriously, thanks again. You made my day! :)

We're probably going to get to KY the first week of August sometime. I'm still up in the air with the transfer thing, even though they have told me they'll accomidate me... I haven't heard a word yet... so it could still be towards the middle of July if they keep dicking me around. I keep telling them I'll only be unemployed long enough to pick and choose an offer from another company. I don't think they believe me. ;)