In need of help with jars!

Hi everyone,

I made some 4oz hex jars about 2 months ago. They are scented with pink sugar from the candle source and all the bottoms and the wicks have gone a horrible brown colour. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what caused this and how I can prevent it?

Thanks

Angie.

post-74-139458403429_thumb.jpg

I was trying out a diy adhesive (no nails) using a tiny bit and leaving it overnight to set, then pouring the next day. Looks like it's back to the frustrating glue dots though.

Try hot glue...I have a glue pot and have been using hot glue to secure the wicks in my jars for about 3 years now. Mine have only come loose when I heat the jars up in the oven to melt wax out of them.

I'm not sure if it is the same stuff you used, but the MSDS for Liquid Nails says it is extremely flammable and has all kinds of nasty chemicals in it. I would suspect a reaction from that.

Forget glue dots - high temp glue or wick stick ems work great. Even clear silicone would be better, I think.

I've heard of reactions between some vanilla FOs and steel. For instance, candle tins rusting if they aren't the coated type. I wonder if the wick tabs could be corroding from the FO. Have you used this scent before?

Here's a sample thread . http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6205

I've had both the tins and the wick tabs turn and look sort of like rust from vanilla, cinnamon, and had a y@nkee strawberry tin "rust." It's not rust though, it discolors and won't clean off, even with mold cleaner.