Calling all Candle WAX Masters- HELP Finished pic page 2

Here is an email from Bill.. This may clarify it for anyone who does use this wax. I was very impressed with him getting back to me so quick.

Thank you very much for the information.

The ingredients we use in the CBL-141 has not changed since we introduced this wax almost 6 years ago. One of the problems with any wax blend is that customers will be using the product in a wide range of uses. The CBL-141 was designed to hold a lot of fragrance and one of the key ingredients in this formulation is vybar. Vybar is a very effective additive and when not enough oil is in the wax you will see the rippling effect you are experiencing. There are several reasons this can occur, the oil content of the wax can change at the refinery the product itself has not changed) but the oil content has. The second reason is that the specifications on vybar are very "wide" like the oil content in the wax changed the properties of vybar can undergo slight changes.

If customers are accustomed to using the CBL-141 and we reduce the vybar usage then those customers may experience fragrance bleeding out of the wax and it may impact the burning of the candle with less vybar in the candle. We have done some preliminary testing based on the content of the wax arriving by adding more oil but in some testing with high loads of fragrance some bleeding has occurred so again customers using this with a lot of fragrance will experience this problem.

When using blends there is not an easy answer because inevitable changing the formulation will impact customers in some manner. One of things that can be done is add mineral oil to accommodate your fragrance load.

Based on the number of complaints we may look at cutting vybar slightly but the problem becomes if the refinery sends in a batch of wax with a higher oil content then instead of rippling you will get bleeding of the fragrance. If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bill

Christina

Portia.....I know what you mean about the overpour covering the texture of the chunks, but sometimes I want little diamonds to show....they have to be flat. That is why I am experimenting with my own blend. I don't ever want to use a blend for anything... not anything. I don't use cake mixes either....well actually I don't bake cakes anymore either. I just cook wax....(smile).....Donita