Testing candles

I sell 7 different container sizes and have been lucky enough to find a wick for each container that works for "almost" ever fragrance........ I usually make only one. My wax formula is carefully measured, and I use my usual ratio of FO to wax as my starting point. Basically, I start with my "go to" recipe, that works most of the time.

That way if it doesn't burn right I can figure out, wick up, down, less fo, more -without tons of waste..........then on to the next 6 sizes....LOL

HTH

Lisa

I usually only make one, because after a while you learn to guess fairly accurately which size wick to use with which types of fo's. If I get the wicking right the first time, which I usually do (knock on wood!), then that's it. If my test burns prove I didn't get the wicking right, I pour another with a different wick size. Usually that one's good to go.

I usually only make one, because after a while you learn to guess fairly accurately which size wick to use with which types of fo's. If I get the wicking right the first time, which I usually do (knock on wood!), then that's it. If my test burns prove I didn't get the wicking right, I pour another with a different wick size. Usually that one's good to go.

Same here. Once you find that "base" wick size for your jar, you start with that and hope it works.

Hold the Presses...What's your secret to "Guessing" for each FO? Strong FO, bigger wick??? I'm going to get this wick thing down yet.:P