Is this real?

Tara

or did anyone else get this email? Sounds too good to be true and probably is. I have excluded the name and company.

My name is _____and I am the producer of a home shopping television show that airs every year called "Fall Showcase." Fall Showcase will air throughout the month of September, reaching approximately 25 million households nationwide. As we are test marketing the show for syndication, it will be aired 24 times. The format of the show is designed to inform viewer of unique products and the web sites that offer them. I was looking for a company that sells candles online to feature on the program.

Of course, I wrote them back and wanted more details. The email also gave a web address and it seems legit so we will see. I will keep ya posted.

Wow Tara that would be awesome, but I am with you about being skeptical about emails. There are just so many dishonest people lurking in the cyberworld. I hope you get the answers you need to feel good about it. Keep us posted because we want to celebrate with you if it is the real deal : )

well i know the website in the email looks legit.. I was looking at it today. Maybe this guy is just looking for people to "showcase". It's my luck it's not real so it's big disappointment to me. Thanks for finding that

I at one time had inquired about one of several I had received. The cost was in the thousands of dollars; I had to go to FL or CA (can't remember now....both were far from MO). And the tv time was only 30 - 60 seconds.

Needless to say, I chose not to pursue further, as the cost factor was outrageous. :shocked2:

I figured so but wanted to post and see what everyone thought...Oh well

I knew it was too good to be true but will be interested in his response back to me just for the fun of it.

I got the same e-mail and he told me that the cost is $1500 per minute for a time frame of 1-5 minutes on the air. WAYYYY out of my price range even if it is legit.

:shocked2:Whoa!!! That's crazy.

Your email sounds similar to what's posted here:

http://www.giftbasketmessageboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=36193&sid=41b81daa26183c7e162a274489a32640

There was also a more recent post at that site asking about the Fall Showcase, but so far no responses.

http://www.giftbasketmessageboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=60544&sid=addf87f49abe5cbfa847e28b323b7583

Looks like you've got to pay to play.

Well Tara, even if it is bogus, I just went to your site and it's lovely! So many beautiful candles! You do nice work. :)

Ah, well thank you. I did get a response from him and holy moly it's expensive just like Trae said. but this is what he wrote

Here is how the show works.? Each featured company will have up to 5 minutes to show and promote their products.? The location of the six camera shoot is WXEL Studios in Palm Beach, Florida on August 5th.? I encourage you to send a company representative to appear on camera with the host, or send the products along with the specifications and we will cooperatively script the segment and have our host, Elizabeth Hart do the presentation for your company.? In either format, we will show and exhibit your products and web site while running lower third chyrons (on-screen graphics) that have your name, the company name, web site address and toll free phone number on the screen.? As such, all the web orders and/or phone orders will be handled by your company.

Fall Showcase reaches a potential 25 million homes via over 100 markets around the country.? The show will air a total of 24 times throughout the month of September.? Four of the airings will be distributed nationally to approximately 24 million homes per airing.? Additionally, as we are test marketing the program for syndication, there will be an additional 20 airings in Sacramento, California on Comcast cable, reaching approximately 700,000 homes per airing.? Participation is $1,500 per minute and you can have 1-5 minutes on the program. You do not pay for twenty-four airings, just one.? As such, a 3 minute segment is $4,500, with no other costs, even though you will get 72 minutes of television airtime.? You will be featured with Disney, Sony and others. Last, you will have full licensing rights to use the segment as part of your promotions.

Ah well, I don't have that kinda dough$$$$...

QVC is free? We have a QVC distribution center in here town...Very interesting.