best wax for tarts and FO Load ?

Hi,

When you are making tarts is the FO load the same as for

wicked candles?

Thinking it is but double checking

Any recommendation on a wax to test or any additives needed?

Not sure which wax to use that is a good thrower ?

I have on hand to test

Harmony

Velvet

the rest are to soft/ unless we mix

Always thankful for you help:)

Brooke

I use 4785 wax that I have left over from dipping bears. I strain it first tho because of the few hairs left in it, but tarts are the best use I've found for the leftovers. Always makes a white tart, but with the proper packaging poeple like it that way. These are becoming very popular and it's getting hard to have enough supply for the demand right now. I guess I'll have to start making tarts out of "new" wax soon. Don't you hate that for me? LOL

I use 1 oz. FO per lb to a 50/50 blend of J223 and 6228. I kept changing the amounts but settled on the 50/50 blend because they melted faster. Was having a problem earlier when my Mom's electric tart warmer took forever to melt the tarts...or they would only melt partially. I settled on the 50/50 blend because they still stayed hard, shrink wrapped well with no melting whatsoever using the heat gun and they melted quickly in both the electric and tealight burners...but most importantly...they've got awesome scent throw!

I'm not familiar with the velvet blend, but I think it's like the others you listed and really, too soft for tarts by itself. If you mix it with a pillar wax, it would be great.

The container waxes hold more FO, but sometimes it's just too soft to get out of the mold and packaged. Besides that, it's a pain in the arse to get out of the tart burner! JMO

I use the same as pillars. Actually, when I'm making pillars, I use extra and pour into tarts. 1343 here w/1 oz pp. HTH;)

Dustpuppy taught me the trick of 75/25 with 1343 and J-223. It works well for me and I sell tarts more than candles....not on purpose, people just love em!

I tried 1343 alone and got a major dip. Do you have to repour Rsvlbrat? Just curious. :smiley2:

Sallykate