Last Minute Panic Attack (UPDATE!)

I've been trying to work up the nerve to do my first batch of milk soap, OM&H, and am hoping someone can clarify one piece of conflicting info I have. I know different people have their own way of doing things, but I'm stressing a bit over when would be the best time to add the honey. I'm opting for either adding it to my melted oils with the GM powder and SBing it before adding lye water, or else deducting a few oz. of water, stirring my honey into this and adding before dumping into my mold. Which would you opt for? BTW, I do HP. :) Thanks for any & all help.

**:yay: Thanks for all the help everyone. Well, all I can say for now is that's it's in the mold. I went ahead and added the honey along with the gm powder to my melted oils and sb'ed the dickens out of it. I got a bit nervous when I added the lye water and it turned orange until I recalled that was normal. No funny smells or anything, so I was grateful. It did try to separate, but I stirred and sb'ed it into submission. I added the oatmeal at the end, mixed it good (I hope :rolleyes2 ), and poured in the mold. Was hoping to get pics, but darn camera batteries are dead. I'm hoping DH remembers to bring some home so I can get pics of the finished product tomorrow for posting. I'm so excited :yay:

• 1 month later...
I've been trying to work up the nerve to do my first batch of milk soap, OM&H, and am hoping someone can clarify one piece of conflicting info I have. I know different people have their own way of doing things, but I'm stressing a bit over when would be the best time to add the honey. I'm opting for either adding it to my melted oils with the GM powder and SBing it before adding lye water, or else deducting a few oz. of water, stirring my honey into this and adding before dumping into my mold. Which would you opt for? BTW, I do HP. :) Thanks for any & all help.

**:yay: Thanks for all the help everyone. Well, all I can say for now is that's it's in the mold. I went ahead and added the honey along with the gm powder to my melted oils and sb'ed the dickens out of it. I got a bit nervous when I added the lye water and it turned orange until I recalled that was normal. No funny smells or anything, so I was grateful. It did try to separate, but I stirred and sb'ed it into submission. I added the oatmeal at the end, mixed it good (I hope :rolleyes2 ), and poured in the mold. Was hoping to get pics, but darn camera batteries are dead. I'm hoping DH remembers to bring some home so I can get pics of the finished product tomorrow for posting. I'm so excited :yay:

So, you put your GM powder with the oils and use just water with the Lye? How does that work for you?