So does EVERYONE refrigerate their stuff?

So does EVERYONE refrigerate their stuff (especially FO's & base ingredients, etc) in the summer? Being new to all of this, and hitting the hot weather season for the first time, I was wondering if I forgot to think that far in advance! The thought of all these FO's ruining & all the B&B indgredients turning is something I neglected to worry about last Fall, when I first started with it all!!! I've always been careful to do the: keep everything stored in a cool, dark place..............but those cool/dark places may stay dark.....but not so cool anymore. And the humidity. The basement is dark & cooler, but not exactly icy cool anymore. And I hope a dehumidifier is enough.So is a separate refrigerator the way most people go............or was I supposed to not be stockpiling SO MUCH stuff, and stop accumulating stuff by a certain time of the year, with the anticipation of the summer? Help!

I keep my butters, powdered milks (goats/coconut) and certain soaping oils (with short shelf life) in the frig/freezer. Everything else is stored in cabinets inside my house. As long as your house doesn't get above 80 degrees and is kept out of direct sunlight, I you shouldn't have a problem. If your basement is cool and dark, to me, that would be ideal. Unfortunately, in Texas, we don't have the luxury of basements (too much ground movement here).

I do the same as Sherie. All butters, milks and powders stay in the fridge/freezer. I do have a basement though I don't keep any B&B stuff down there. I keep it in a storage room I have (like a big walk in closet w/ shelves). It stays dark in there and the temp. never gets above 80*.

you really keep your butters in the fridge?!?! I am curious as to why and what butters you are talking about.

do you mean the mango or shea straight from the suppliers or do you mean the butters (like whipped) you have already made (completed products)

before I turned the air on the other day it got up to 100 in my house..do I need to check my butters? I know I am going to have to heat and stir my one bucket of oil.

what is the fridge list?? I am sure many of us newbs could use a good fridge list

I keep everything in my basement workshop- including butters.

But I did toss out some rancid SAO- so now I put that in the frig.

These oils should be refrigerated due to short shelf life and sensitivity to heat: (feel free to add to the list)

Sweet Almond

Hemp

Vitamin E

Macadamia Nut

Avocado

Flaxseed or Linseed

Grapeseed

Evening Primrose

Walnut

Wheatgerm

OK now see I read somewhere recently that Emu needs the fridge if it's sitting longer than 3 months. Heck I think I'm just going to clean out the fridge of everything but shelves and light and put all the B&B stuff in there regardless lol!