Question about chunk containers

I'm going to attempt to make a chunk container candle. Is it possible to do with a parasoy blend? Or would I need to use straight paraffin for the chunks? The only wax I have on hand other than my JSB 50/50 is J50.

Another question regarding wicking a chunk container. Can I expect to have to wick down on these?

i've tried making chunks with a blend and they were difficult to work with and i have gotten the best chunks with straight paraffin. also i think you should wick up as i've found...if you plan on having chunks comming out of the candle top. i found the wax doesn't burn evenly over the chunks..so i wicked up and it did. hope that helps:p

This is just a guess but~ I think you CAN use straight soy. Make up and scent your chunks and place in your jars, being sure to fill it full and tapping to settle all of the chunks.

When you do the overpour, make sure it is VERY cool~(SLUSHY). scent it hot but allow it to cool down cosiderably before adding the overpour to the jar. Chunks should be fine and so should the color.

I work with soy wax but I haven't made chunk candles yet but if I were, this is the way I would do it.

Fire:cool2:

This answer is for the soy divas and dragons out there. :)

You cannot make the chunks out of soy container wax.

The overpour can be container wax, put the chunks have to be made from a pillar/votive soy wax. Trust me, it will not work with plain soy. Since soy is such an opaque wax, you will not see the chunks very well thoughout the candle like paraffin.

I would recommend buying those mini ice cube trays.

Lightly spray with silcone- then wipe out. Or you can use a non butter cooking spray. Then pour, cool completely and pop in the freezer for 3 minutes and release. You will have perfect chunks- in soy.

Sab~ The same goes for J 50 or any container blend wax. You need a pillar/votive wax to make the actual chunks. Then you can use the waxes you have on hand for the overpour.

Wick up- you will have a combo of two waxes in your candle- one with a higher MP.