Question for those of you who ship retail candle jars

How do you package them? Do you bubble wrap the jars individually? Use corrugated wrap?

How do you fill the void? Peanuts? Air pillows? Wadded paper? Etc. Just trying to find out how everyone gets those glass babies to their destinations crack and breakage free. LOL

TIA!

I normally keep the box the candle jars came in, then I use that to put the filled candles in. I then place that box inside another with peanut around the perimeters. HTH

What if you are only shipping a few jars instead of a case of jars?

I wrap mine in bubble wrap and pack w/ peanuts if I'm shipping to a customer and make sure fragile is stamped ALL over it. (Not that some PO employees pay attention, but anyway!)

If I'm taking jars to a show I just pack them in the boxes they came in. I buy my flower pots in 24pack cases from AC Moore and I can pack those back in the boxes w/ tops on them w/ no problem.

Haven't had any problems. ***Knock on wood***

I too keep the boxes my jars come in. When we ship by the case, we use pallet wrap around each box, this keeps the jars from moving AT ALL. They stay nice and still. For my bigger stores We can ship 4 cases per large box, all pallet wrapped and use peanuts to fill the spaces. You have to wrap each case of candles pretty well, but you'll know when enough is enough.. they become immobile! HTH

I too keep the boxes my jars come in. When we ship by the case, we use pallet wrap around each box, this keeps the jars from moving AT ALL. They stay nice and still. For my bigger stores We can ship 4 cases per large box, all pallet wrapped and use peanuts to fill the spaces. You have to wrap each case of candles pretty well, but you'll know when enough is enough.. they become immobile! HTH

Let me see if I heard this correctly,

You are wrapping the the boxes (inside of the larger box) with the pallet wrap? I have never thought of doing this, and I have been shipping lots of jars lately!

Thanks for the idea,